Post-Treatment > Eye Issues

gold weight and MRI

<< < (2/5) > >>

JLR:
Have been using Refresh PM ointment for many months since my surgery 11-1-16 retrosig right side AN. Now I'm unable to get. Had a recall. Off shelves till spring. Any suggestions for a preservative free eye ointment, Thanks, Joan

alabamajane:
Joan,
Good info,,, I wondered last time I looked for Refresh PM why there was none. Interesting,,,

I have Systane gel nighttime right now; however, I don’t use it nightly. It is not as thick as Refresh PM ointment though and may not feel as good to you. I don’t need it as often any longer so this is sufficient.

Hope you can find something that helps until Refresh comes out again.
Thanks for post,,
Jane

Jill Marie:
Hi Joan,  I use Bausch and Lomb Soothe  Eye Ointment, a bit cheaper then some ointments.  It seems that different ointments work different for everyone, it depends on whether you can blink or not, how many tears you produce, how well the muscles around your eye works.  Hope this one works for you.  Jill ;)

JLR:
Thank you Jill and Jane.  I appreciate the quick response. My eye does close. The muscles are working around my eye which is a good improvement since I had surgery Nov 2016,  but why did this happen to us.  Is it the the placement of the tumor, the tiny bit left of facial nerve? It's so upsetting.  I have made remarkable progress I'm even now driving.  My gait is much improved too.  But why did we have this problem.  So many people on this forum have the surgery with zero complications but many do and we all have nearly the same complications. Why?? I'm just venting this morning as I again each morning put drops in my eye. Have a great day.  Stay warm.  Joan

alabamajane:
Joan,,
I truly sorry for your complications and facial issues,, it does suck,,,  but I hope you see good recovery soon. It does take great patience when you have issues,, something I had to develop!

In my case, I had my facial nerve severed in surgery due to the tumor growing through it as I was told,,, it could not be saved. So I had a nerve graft 4 days later in order to attempt to recover some movement and muscle tone. It was successful.

If your nerve was not severed, perhaps your recovery will be sooner and more thorough,,

As to why some have complications and others don’t,,, I’d say, in my opinion,, it is due to the “ nature of the beast”,,,,, these tumors are different in many ways for each of us. Location, size, “ stickiness”, cystic, etc etc,,,

It is hard for sure to deal daily with the eye issues etc,, but try to stay positive,, develop patience,, and realize it will soon start to improve for you. ,,,
I have no magic words,    Sorry,,,,, except I’m here for you !

Peace,,
Jane

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version