Post-Treatment > Facial Issues

Facial Paralysis 12 Weeks Out.

<< < (2/2)

JLR:
Hello I am 7 weeks post op. Right AN removed. Can h share all your info re the eye staying open. I have ointment and keeping it taped so it will close. It's getting better but I need advice re keeping it closed. The taping is very hard on my skin.  Thanks. Joan. Oh have been to doctors who want me to tape it

Kristena:
I tried a variety of tape, and had problems with raw skin and losing eyelashes. I had the best luck with using thicker drops at night with Press N Seal (similar to Saran Wrap). Just a small piece - maybe 1x2 inches - pressed to my eyelid, then pulled down to shut the eye and applied below the lash line. It kept the moisture in and was so easy to remove, even multiple times in a night if I needed to. The biggest problems I had were cutting the squares (my scissors got sticky and some of the pieces were unuseable), and sometimes I had wrinkles around my eye in the morning if the piece wasn't applied smoothly enough. I also liked to think it was training my eye on how to be fully closed again.

Sanderson:
I would love to know how you are doing! Have you continued to improve?

JLR:
Hi what type of facial massage excercises do you have. I had facial therapy, acupuncture, additional facial therapy and early facial exercises while in rehab after the surgery. I'm slightly improved and I'm 2 years out. I was told recently that very early facial exercises was the problem. And never Elect Stim. Told that's the worse for recovery. Although the acupuncturist said its the best thing I rejected it because my doctor said not to do it. But I'm in interested in your exercises re facial massage.  Thanks so much.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version