Post-Treatment > Post-Treatment

Refusal of Local MD to Treat me Post Op

(1/1)

DZ:
Hi Everyone - 
Just wanted to get some advice from my fellow patients as I am shocked and upset. 

I went to see a local Otorhinolaryngologist (Penn Medicine Radnor, Wayne Pennsylvania) who was recommended by another Penn Medicine physician.  I recently moved to Pennsylvania so needed to establish new care.  Despite me telling their staff when I made the appointment (and had to wait a month) that I had AN surgery and was there for a follow-up MRI order Dr. Ruckenstein refused to examine me, refused to order anything and proceeded to lecture me about how it is unethical for him to do anything because he did not perform the surgery himself. 

I had an AN translab procedure almost two years ago by Drs. Friedman/Schwartz at UCSD and received excellent care and very happy to have traveled to UCSD.   Has anyone experienced this as well?  (My MD from NJ had no problem providing follow-up care but is retired now).  Any one have a similar experience?  Any suggestions about finding someone else?

DanFouratt:
I choose to change follow up doctors. I had no problem finding people to follow up with.  I would reach out to some other doctors.  Will USCD follow up?  local MRI and then a phone call? I would forget about the one who was just wrong about the way they treated you and move on.

good luck,
Dan

DZ:
Thank you Dan.  I did reach out to Dr. Friedman and he provided an order for me immediately. He is really great!  Their entire team is wonderful including the nurse navigators! Wish I lived in the San Diego area! - for more than 1 reason!! Thanks again.  Donna   

DanFouratt:
As a former Californian I agree with many reasons for loving San Diego.  I am glad you have a path forward.

Good Luck,
Dan

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version