Post-Treatment > Post-Treatment

Exhaustion

(1/2) > >>

Soundy:
 I am only two weeks post op ... this total disabling exhaustion is getting to me ... my doctor
said to expect it but I didn't think it would be as bad as it has been...

I will be awake and about for maybe 2 hours and have to sit or lay down ...as soon as I stop
moving  I fall asleep and sleep anywhere from an hour to 3 hours ... I was having problems
with exhaustion pre-op ... some blamed on AN and some on lupus...

Did anyone else have this problem ? ... it is making life difficult because I find myself awake
in a house full of sleeping people ... like right now... it is about 3:00 am where I sit...or during
day they are doing their thing while I snooze... also at night snacking has become an issue...
not hungry but at 3 in the morning there is not much to do and I find myself in the kitchen

I have an appointment today for post-op and maybe my doctor can help me some ... but
he also told me advise from real people who have been there done that will be greatly
helpful.... so here I am

Sleepless in Tennessee :)

nancyann:
Hi Soundy:  Only 2 weeks post op - yes, your body is exhausted !!!!!   I'm over 1 year out & still feel it, not as bad but I'm not near my 'normal' energy level.
                 Rest assured, the exhaustion/fatigue is UNBELIEVABLE.      I wish you continued healing my friend.     Nanc

krbonner:
Sorry to say, but that exhaustion level sounds pretty normal for 2 weeks post-op.  Right now the best thing you can do is listen to your body and rest when you need to.

Personally, I was probably 6 weeks before I could make it through the day without a nap (though going to bed early after doing that).  And from what I've heard, I got to that point a lot sooner than most patients do.

Take it easy!
Katie

HeadCase2:
Soundy,
  As the others have mentioned, at 2 weeks post-op exhaustion is normal.   Also, if you're still on steriods, they can affect both how deeply you sleep, where you don't sleep as deeply.  And can make you very hungry, which may explain the late night snacking.
  Hang in there, it gets better.
Regards,
  Rob

Omaschwannoma:
Soundy,

Yes, the good news is "it gets better".  I'm 2.5 years post surgery and continue to experience exhaustion towards the late afternoon.  You are experiencing the same as everybody 2 weeks post treatment.  Do look into ways to keep you asleep during the night (talk w/your doctor) for help here.  If you are able to read or write as this helps too, to make you sleepy.  I remember your symptoms all too well, you are not alone.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version