AN Community > AN Community

Survivors remorse or just depression

<< < (3/3)

CHD63:
Hi Soundy .....

WOW, just WOW .....  You are a crazy, wonderful woman!!

..... but I think you may be on to something many of us are experiencing ..... but not necessarily always connected to the results of AN treatment.  Much of our self-worth is tied up in what we have accomplished so when what we can accomplish diminishes or changes, so does our self-worth.  The trick is to find new ways to accomplish different things .....

Thanks so much for sharing your tales.

Clarice

NYLady:
Hello Soundy....

Your post prompted me to read prior posts you have made.  You are amazing!!!  With all the issues you are dealing with, including the tragic loss of people you know, it is remarkable that you can hold it together as well as you do.  I agree about meds.  They are wonderful in their place, but sometimes doctors think to just give a script, dope you out, and that's enough.  But who wants to feel zoned out all the time.  Not only that, with balance issues to start with, that foggy headed feeling is not helpful.  If you have any doubt about your worth, I want you to know that sharing your feelings today and through all your prior posts, has provided an invaluable insight as the the struggles many of us share and how you deal with them.  That insight is priceless!  Yup, God had further plans for you my friend, you are an inspiration to who knows how many that read this forum for encouragement, understanding and acceptance.  Many of us are forever changed by this diagnosis and cannot do some of the things we used to do, the way we used to do them.  They say that is the "new normal".  Easy, uh uh.  We must keep trying to be the most we can be, however we can....you are doing that.  Today, because of you, I am approaching my balance issues with new determination and the knowlede that things could have been so much worse.  Thank you.

I wish you peace, continued strength, and comfort in the knowledge that you are a treasure to your family, to those who know you personally, as well as to those who you share your feelings with here. 

NYL

Soundy:

Thanks for support and just listening.

Talked to doctor and he thinks I may have solved many of my own problems. He said he thinks I may be
too self critical.I think he is finally right about something. And he isn't trying to poke pills down my throat
anymore which makes me feel better. So I have taken him off my firing list. He laughed when I told
him I had him on a list of people to fire if I was not happy with them. We fire plumbers who unclog the toilet but
left a hole in the wall , the roofer who knocked the chimney off the house ... why not doctors who are not
getting to the root of a problem and fixing (or at least helping) it.

have a good day

Soundy:
I have been released from therepy.

Glad. For now I think I have things under control emotionally.

Having lupus flair up that is occupying my mind lately

Life goes on

TNMTMAMA:
I must agree with the wonderful comments and suggestions given to you. Whenever we suffer multiple losses, it is difficult. Do not be embarrassed to ask for help. Brain surgery or not, you heart is broken and needs to be fixed, too. Wishing you all the best!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version