AN Community > AN Community

How do you like these odds?

<< < (2/5) > >>

Crazycat:
Lori,

Ã‚ It really does seem a bit unusual for that many people to be afflicted in a certain place in so short a time. What are the odds of aquiring this condition that we hear all the time? 1 per 100,000 people or so? Something to mull over indeed!

Ã‚   Be careful how you go about it though! You may end up like Karen Silkwood. Remember her?

Ã‚ Paul

LoriW:
I love my job and would never do anything to jeopardize it.   I have 21 years in and 18 more to go.   I am going to start keeping track, just in case our odd increase. 

lw

Crazycat:
That's a good idea. Just remain vigilant at this point.

Paul

Raydean:
I've read about what our doctor called "cluster groupings" of tumors.  Where a small area has a higher then average amount of a particular medical problem.  When my husband was diagnosed with a tumor
(at the time of  diagnoses it  wasn't clear as to the type) he asked us where we lived exactly.  Turns out about 25 miles from us a very small town  had a "cluster" of brain tumors going on. 

Maybe google or another search engine has some information of clusters.

Just a thought
Best to all
Raydean

TT:
I wonder if the odds of getting an AN is out of wack. Since I was diagosed on June 22, 2006. I learned that three of our salesman had immediate family members who had AN's and I have three friends who had family members who had them. Now, that's seven people counting myself and I didn't even try. I think these little buggers are more common than we think.

GO CARDINALS !!!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version