Post-Treatment > Headaches

Headaches with no help

<< < (2/3) > >>

sparrow:
Someone else suggested Claritin-D and that helps.  They say it is safe to take it long term.

addisonsophia:
It is great to come across all these suggestions. My brother works in front of the computer for almost the entire day and he gets headaches perpetually.
I will share these comments with him. I trust at least some of these will help him.
Thanks all of you!

Abetpds:
Hi everyone
I completed my surgery -translab for removal of approx 4cm tumor on my left side.  Surgery was done in San Diego with Drs. Friedman and Schwartz.  Surgery took place on June 26th and lasted 9 hours. A sliver of tumor was left around the facial nerve to avoid facial paralysis. I also had the BAHA (Cochlear) abutment inserted at the same time.
I stayed in San Diego --Embassy Suites -  for a total of 24 days - just to make sure that I'd be near the doctors if any complications developed.  Came home (Augusta GA) on 17th July.  The plane trip was hard on me - head seemed to have  a lot of pressure causing my left ear to feel like it would pop any minute.
Soon after surgery I had a slight droop of the left lip and my left eye did not close completely causing it to become dry and it felt like I had sand in my eye.  So I was visited by an opthalmologist who prescribed drops and ointment and  a patch for the "cornea abrasion"  It's much better now and the  eye closes completely.
For the next week after surgery, the pain was managed with Oxycodone and Tylenol and Advil, but after the Oxycodone ran out - the pain was pretty severe.
For some reason I thought that the pain would last for about 3 weeks and then I will be able to resume all previous activities.  WRONG!!!  My headaches are really bad -- all the way from the left neck where the skull meets the neck and radiates up over my head and under my left eye.  Also the top of the ear feels like someone boxed me. The place where the ear meets the skull is completely numb to the touch - but the worst is the sharp pain from the neck that shoots up into the head.
  For someone who has never had headaches before -- this is almost unbearable.  How long will this last?? 
The doctors are hesitant to prescribe any more Oxycodone and have asked me to manage with the Tylenol and Advil.  Is there something else that will help with the headaches?  Can you share your experience with me -- I am hoping that this pain will not become a part of my life from now on.  Thanks so much  Regina

kestes:
Hi Regina, I am sorry to hear of your struggles.  I live an hour from you Columbia, SC and diagnosed with AN as well.  I have been going to MUSC in Charleston and Duke and am watch and wait as of this point - 12mm AN so on the small side.

If you are on Facebook, join the sites there as well, sooooo many people post about headaches and between this forum and Facebook you might be able to find a solution to help you!

The sites are Acoustic Neuroma and then Acoustic Neuroma/Vestibular Schwannoma. 

Hope it gets better for you!!! 

ANSydney:

--- Quote from: Abetpds on July 23, 2018, 07:57:28 am ---Hi everyone
I completed my surgery -translab for removal of approx 4cm tumor on my left side.  Surgery was done in San Diego with Drs. Friedman and Schwartz.  Surgery took place on June 26th and lasted 9 hours. A sliver of tumor was left around the facial nerve to avoid facial paralysis. I also had the BAHA (Cochlear) abutment inserted at the same time.
I stayed in San Diego --Embassy Suites -  for a total of 24 days - just to make sure that I'd be near the doctors if any complications developed.  Came home (Augusta GA) on 17th July.  The plane trip was hard on me - head seemed to have  a lot of pressure causing my left ear to feel like it would pop any minute.
Soon after surgery I had a slight droop of the left lip and my left eye did not close completely causing it to become dry and it felt like I had sand in my eye.  So I was visited by an opthalmologist who prescribed drops and ointment and  a patch for the "cornea abrasion"  It's much better now and the  eye closes completely.
For the next week after surgery, the pain was managed with Oxycodone and Tylenol and Advil, but after the Oxycodone ran out - the pain was pretty severe.
For some reason I thought that the pain would last for about 3 weeks and then I will be able to resume all previous activities.  WRONG!!!  My headaches are really bad -- all the way from the left neck where the skull meets the neck and radiates up over my head and under my left eye.  Also the top of the ear feels like someone boxed me. The place where the ear meets the skull is completely numb to the touch - but the worst is the sharp pain from the neck that shoots up into the head.
  For someone who has never had headaches before -- this is almost unbearable.  How long will this last?? 
The doctors are hesitant to prescribe any more Oxycodone and have asked me to manage with the Tylenol and Advil.  Is there something else that will help with the headaches?  Can you share your experience with me -- I am hoping that this pain will not become a part of my life from now on.  Thanks so much  Regina

--- End quote ---

Regina, I'm curios. I hope you don't mind me asking but back on May 6 of this year you stated that your tumor was i am 70 years old with a tumor 29.1 mm x 28.1 mm x 29.1 mm. In the above post you say it is approx 4 cm. What happened in those 2 ~ 3 months?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version