Archive > Archives

Distressing throat tickle makes me cough until I gag...ideas???

<< < (2/3) > >>

Obita:
Quite often, chocolate gives me the tickle bad.  Drs. advice:  Don't eat it.  Ya right. 

Have a good day everyone.  Kathy

Brendalu:
Amy,
I just got the results back from my barium swallow, (they got the machine repaired and I didn't have to wait another week)  The nerves were damaged during surgery so stretching won't help.  I just continue to choke.  My husband is awesome with the Heimlech Manuver!  Should be a great weight loss tool.  I have to rethink my whole diet.  I should anyway.  It does cause dryness, choking ect.  You might think about having the test.  If your nerve isn't damaged they can stretch it so you don't choke.  Just a thought.  Good luck. :) BrendaO

Battyp:
stretch what nerve so you don't choke?  I had the barium swallow test and was told there was nothing they could do.  I was told if talking made it worse to quit talking  LOL 

Brendalu:
BattyPrincess,
I don't think the doctor meant he could stretch the nerve!  He simply said that if it was damage done by the surgery it couldn't be fixed.  If it was damage done by say Reflux, ect. the throat or whatever could be stretched and that would help the swallowing.  I can talk, just not drink or eat without getting choked.  I hope that clarifies. ::)
BrendaO

Patti UT:
Reading this is wild. I have been having a dry hacking cough for well over a year now, (I'm 23 mo post op) and having heartburn much of the time. I never dreamed it had any connection witht he AN surgry exceptfor thinking  that the breathing tube down my throat for so many hours may have csued something?  I don't want to believe in acid reflux, although I do experience a feeling of fullness high up in my stomach just under my ribs with the smallest portion of food eaten. And then the hacking cough that goes with it. Now I'll have to look into this barium test. Why not, my life is just one doc after another since the AN surgery

Patti UT

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version