Archive > Archives

Surgical experiences with Dr. Chang?

<< < (2/2)

Angela:
Correct, Robert Jackler was at UCSF with Larry Pitts (who I also consulted with).  Jackler was my lead surgeon; Nicholas Blevins and Stephen Chang were also on the team.

I talked on the phone to Chang.  He was very personable and helpful.  However, I only met him once, during pre-op.  Never saw him again!

CoachC:
Hello, At the time of your inital post, I was about 2 weeks out from my surgery.  I had a translab to remove a grapefriut sized AN.  How it got that darn big is beyond me.  According to my wife, Dr. Chang believed it to be 20+ years old.  In my initail meeting with him in January, he was very helpful, personable, and professional.  I have to admit that I was a bit "strar struck" as I had just seen him in a CK DVD.  We joked a bit about this which gave my wife and I a HUGE sense of comfort.  I had my surgery on Feb 6 of 06.  I saw Dr. Chang the morning of and two days after the surgery.  I have an appointment to see him again in August.  I can't say enough how happy and satisfied I am with my experience.  Not that my opinion really matters to anyone else, but Dr Chang, Dr Blevins, and all their staff have been AWESOME!!!!

Angela:
Hi CoachC:  Good to hear you're doing well. 

One of my co-workers went though Blevins/Chang/Jackler.  He's now 3 1/2 yrs postop and still has great things to say about his follow-up appts with Chang.

feline:
I had sx at Stanford with dr chang and dr blevinns on june 30th 2014 translab I am 10wk post from a 3cm AN being removed due to having a reck with both on sept 10 they and the staff have been great.  things are not back to normal facial paralysis numbness and no blink reflex but they say it will take time do not rush the nerves. does anyone else have a update with these surgeons post op?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version