Treatment Options > Radiation / Radiosurgery

BrainLab M3 System

(1/2) > >>

tsl:
I'm cross posting this because I've been Watching and Waiting and have a radiosurgery quesiton.

As a possible radiation treatment for my AN, my neurotologist recommended a new machine recently acquired at the hospital with which he is affiliated:  BrainLab M3 System that uses a Linear Accelerator.

When I made my decision not to have surgery, I began researching Cyberknife, Gammaknife, and Proton Beam.  My Dr. said that the BrainLab etc. was first used in Europe.

Is anyone familiar with this type of stereotactice surgery?

Also, at this time no AN patient has been treated with this new machine by the team that was recently trained.  Am I being unfair feeling uncomfortable with these factors

ppearl214:
is this being offered in the Boston area? (your other post notes you are located in MA).

Phyl

tsl:

--- Quote from: ppearl214 on June 20, 2007, 12:16:23 pm ---is this being offered in the Boston area? (your other post notes you are located in MA).

Phyl

--- End quote ---

Hi Phyl,
This is being offered at Baystate Health in Springfield, Massachusetts. I think the official name is BrainLAB m3 Shaped Beam Radiosurgery.

In the very near future I'll be heading to your part of Massachusetts for a 2nd opinion in Boston.

-Theresa

ppearl214:
Theresa

Please consider joining all of us on Sunday, Aug 5 for brunch in Worcester:

http://anausa.org/forum/index.php?topic=3561.15

Looking forward to meeting you!
Phyl

--- Quote from: tsl on June 20, 2007, 01:14:47 pm ---
--- Quote from: ppearl214 on June 20, 2007, 12:16:23 pm ---is this being offered in the Boston area? (your other post notes you are located in MA).

Phyl

--- End quote ---

Hi Phyl,
This is being offered at Baystate Health in Springfield, Massachusetts. I think the official name is BrainLAB m3 Shaped Beam Radiosurgery.

In the very near future I'll be heading to your part of Massachusetts for a 2nd opinion in Boston.

-Theresa

--- End quote ---

tsl:
I had also asked my question about the BrainLAB M3 system on the Cyberknife Support Group site.  I'd like to share the reply I received from Dr. Medbery:

http://www.cyberknifesupport.org/forum/default.aspx?f=1&m=13269

I was also able to locate the full newswire article.  If anyone is interested, I can post it.

-Theresa

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version