Treatment Options > Radiation / Radiosurgery

facial twitch

(1/2) > >>

kat:
 Hi everyone

During the last week I have experienced some facial as well as eyelid twitching on the opposite side to my AN . It does not last too long but since it is something I have not experienced before I am wondering whether it has anything to do with my AN and my GK treatment . I do also get a feeling like goosebumps  on the same side but not at the same time as the twitching . Iwould like to know if anyone else has experienced anything similar before or after treatment . 

Regards Kat

ppearl214:
Hi Kat,

I have not experienced facial twitching but curious to see if others have.  Others may have posted in other forums (check the "Facial Issues" forum to see if anything has been noted there... just a suggestion).

Hang in there!
Phyl

Sefra22:
 Hi Kat,
I started having eyelid spasms about 3 weeks after treatment on my AN side. I didn't think much of it until the other side started to spasm about 6 weeks after treatment. I only lasted a couple of days on the non AN side, but I still experience it on the AN side several times daily.
Lisa

zjane:
Eye twitching shouldn't be a big deal.. Watch for full-blown hemifacial spasm which involves lips, mouth, even neck on the AN side.  Mine started about 6 mo. post FSR.  For some of the members their spasm eventually went away, one member was put on neurontin to control the spasm.  A few of the unlucky ones (me included) unfortunately had to go for surgery.

mary07:
I experience twitching on the side with the AN mainly by my mouth .I have not gotten Gamma
knife yet but its coming up by the end of the summer so we will see what happens .
           Good luck to you ...
              Mary

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version