Treatment Options > Radiation / Radiosurgery

6 mos. post treatment

(1/2) > >>

BevM:
Hello everyone:  I had my six mos. follow-up with Stanford last Friday and the good new is that the Tumor is showing signs of shrinkage and DEATH!!  Dr. Adler tells me that it could be that the symtoms have not changed because of the swelling and dying process.  He reported that the shrinkage is more than he would have anticipated at this time and he has hope that the symtoms will resolve, at least to some degree, in time. He did put me on a short course of Methylprednisolone to see if that will help with the swelling.  This is a glucocorticoid!!  I have only heard about Presnisone or Decadron on the forum and thought that would be what was prescribed, so was surprised when I picked up the prescription.  I guess it is generic for Medrol!?  Have to ask some questions. 
For those of you exploring treatment decisions I have to say I am happy with my choice for Cyberknife.

Blessings to all.

Bev

ppearl214:
Bev,

I'm doing the happy dance for you! Congrats, congrats! Great news!  I was given a short course of ibuprofen for some of my minor symptoms and that seems to do the trick. We know Dr. Adler is the top of the line when it comes to this and I would ask him about the meds....

Congratulations and continued wellness to you!!! :)

*does happy dance around office... bumps into file cabinet*   :P

Phyl

Derek:
Hi Bev...

Congrats on the great news at such an early stage....best wishes for a total necrosis.

Regards

Derek

gregsh:
Congratulations on the good news ;D  I was diagnosed with a AN about 2 months ago and I have decided to head west to Stanford and let Dr. Adler zap it.  It's encouraging to hear such a positive story.

flier58:
Hi Bev,
What a wonderful news!!!!!!! ;D ;D ;D
Flier58

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version