General Category > Inquiries

Breathing problems

(1/3) > >>

1wareagle:
Hi All,

Since my surgery 3 months ago I have been having a hard time breathing out of the good side of my nose. Every evening my nose stops up and the only way to get any sleep is to us Afrin nose spray. Before my surgery I never used anything like that unless I caught a bad cold which was maybe 2 times a yr. I want to call my doctor about this but I feel like I have worried him enough.  Any help with this  problem would be appreciated!

Ellis

HeadCase2:
Ellis,
  My nose was fairly stopped up for a few weeks post surgery.  And some post treatments AN patients have the odd symptom that their nose of the AN side runs when eating, along with eye tearing on the AN side, probably due to facial nerve trauma and a few crossed connections as the facial nerve healed. 
  t three months of nasal congestion sounds like a long time to me.  I'd suggest checking with your doctors to make sure they feel it's unrelated to the AN surgery.
Regards,
 Rob

Boppie:
Ellis, you should ask about the continued use of the Afrin anyway.  You doctor needs to know this.  By the way, my nose was very sore, stuffy and runny for months following the surgery.  Now it runs sporadicly and when I eat chewy things.  But my AN eye never cries. This is part of the new me by now.

1wareagle:
Thanks for the reply Rob and Boppie. I have heard about others having runny nosies when they eat but this is every evening around 7:00pm I totally stop up on the good side. The AN side never runs anymore since my surgery. I caught a small head cold while I was in the hospital after my surgery and the Dr. told me to use a noise spray till it got better. Well I have had to use it every night since I come home just to get some sleep. You would think that after 3 months it would be better by now. Thats why I wanted to know if anyone else had this problem before I call the Dr. back. I"ll give it a couple of more days before I call if no one else replies.

Thanks, Ellis

nancyann:
Hi Ellis:  similar problem but on the AN side due to collapsed sinus from the paralysis.  I use the Breath Right strips every night & they really do work !!!!     Nancy

ps.  I wish I could wear them at work, but they do look funny......

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version