General Category > Inquiries

How long until surgery?

(1/1)

janitorx:
Well, I had my diagnosis a week ago and met with the oto. this past Tuesday.  He and the neurosurgeon are going to coordinate schedules to determine my date of surgery.  How long should I wait to hear back from them?  Also, I am wondering will my date of surgery be in a few weeks, months, etc.  I am probably going to have a new job in a different town by July/August.  I have a ton of sick leave here and would like to finally cash in.  I don't want to put off my job hunt and decline interviews, etc.  I've been unhappy for far too long.

ppearl214:
time to get you happy! :)

A decision has been made and that should help bring you peace of mind in knowing you are doing what is best for you. that is all that matters. I cannot answer your question about how long since they are trying to coordinate schedules, there could be holidays thrown in (ie: Easter, etc)...  I honestly have no clue, but know that the wheels are in motion and you are now on the official road to becoming a "postie" :)

Hang in there... I know the anxiety can be tough right now, but we're here with you for the ride.

Phyl

janitorx:
Well, about 15 minutes after I posted I got the call!  It looks like it will be between mid-April and mid-May. 

I also just found out in addition to a second interview next week, I have a telephone interview at another institution!  I hope my head doesn't explode (pun intended!)   :D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version