General Category > AN Issues

I'm depressed about regrowth....

(1/3) > >>

Jwh:
Hi,

I'm just sitting here and can't stop thinking about my AN regrowth.  It gets me depressed and scared to think about surgery again.  I don't want to go thru this again! Please send me some positive thoughts...

Thanks.

Jeanlea:
Jwh,

I'm sending some positive thoughts your way.  Is radiation a possibility for you this time so you don't need to go through surgery again?

Jean

Palace:
JWH

Keep in contact with people, maybe a support group, post more on this forum for help, perhaps church can help and we are all here for you.  Surround yourself with all the loving friends you have and the people who really care.  

You may contact me in private, if you like.

I was interested in psychology as my first major in college.  Being a patient as, I am also, (like everyone on this forum) I'm sure I could have used some reassuring words when I went through three days of really sad depression, at the time of my researching my options, to make my decision.  (long sentence but, that is how it was)

Take some Yoga classes if you can.  I personally find that helpful.  (just a thought)

Hugs,

Palace

ceeceek:
Hey JWH,
Try not to let it get to you...you have previous experience and I assume you found out about regrowth due to monitoring, rather than a rude suprise like the first time around..this is a good thing as it means you caught it earlier etc....
Radiation may certainly be a viable option and that will kill it permanantly with very little if any side effects...I would certainly look into it.....try and know we are all here for you.....all things considered it is treatable, not deadly,...I visit the cybernkife support site and look at what other people are going through then my problem seems minor......

My sister hates the "it could always be worse" phrase because yes of course, it could be worse,,the planet could be hit by a nucliear bomb, or the who knows what else....and she says that line of thinking doesnt help her direct problem so I dont mean to be penny annie about it...but sometimes, comparison can be a good thing....
Having a brain tumor just sucks period.....it is a lousy, rotten thing to happen to anyone....but you dont have much choice other than deal with it...and know we all feel your pain....try and look into all your options, I have found research to be a great resouce when I am feeling down.
Ceeceek

Lainie181818:
Hi JWH
Try talking to House clinic in LA. I just had my first all clear MRI [ 12 months post op ] Dr Brackman said if it ever re-grows it will be treated with Gamma Knife. Someone on this website said house will talk to you on the phone for free. Its worth a call, good luck.
Lainie.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version