Post-Treatment > Balance Issues

Biodex Machine for Balance

(1/2) > >>

bjhk:
I found another vestibular PT who uses the biodex machine
Has anyone used it and was it successful; ?  it is a 6 week program and the PT uses the computer to help

biodex.com

donjehle:
I haven't used any of the biodex machines to restore my balance, but they appear to be a valid form of vestibular therapy.  If someone has experience with them, I would love to hear about it as well.

Thanks for sharing about them, bjhk!

bjhk:
I have been using the biodex machine with a  vestibular PT for 4 week/ 2x per week

It is intense, it works on your brain using a computer with the machine

It appears to be helping a bit, but I have an evaluation next Friday so we will see

I still need a walker when outside the apartment; previously I could use just a cane

I saw my ENT 2 weeks ago
She said if the balance PT is not successful she will order another MRI in October
My radiation oncologist has ordered one for next April, one yr after the MRI showed a/n had stopped growing.

donjehle:
Thanks for sharing your experience so far with the biodex machine, bjhk!

I think it could be helpful for others considering using one to learn from your experience with it.

Please let us know how your evaluation goes next Friday.  I would love to know how much you have improved with it.

bjhk:
PT dept is trying out the balance vests, so I will be in the trial Tuesday; just fitting and explaining how it works.

I would have to buy it and she thinks Medicare will pay

The bad part is they are a bit heavy and I live in FL
Vests look uncomfortable but I will at least participate

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version