Treatment Options > Radiation / Radiosurgery

New to the forum, multiple questions (Gamma, insurance, left side/right handed)

<< < (5/5)

SET WE300B:
I had the Gamma Knife procedure done five years ago at Johnson-Willis in Richmond VA: Doctor Sahni. The AN was successfully liquidated.

No problems with head frame although they gave me pain medication right before they removed it. The pressure release can sometimes be painful. My hearing was mostly gone and didn't expect an improvement. I ruled out a surgical solution because of all of the potential side effects. I think there may be a threshold where the radiation option is not recommended for younger people. A large blast of radiation to the head area of a twenty something may have unforeseen risks later in life.

buzneg:
Well, I'm alive and well.  Some issues with bleeding from the right rear pin-spot when they took the frame off.  Other than that, piece of cake.  If I can go get this done, there is  nobody who can't do this if needed.  The drugs were a bonus  :P seriously if the follow-up MRI shows what we hope for in 6 months, I should be home free.

Then we went to Carolina Ale House for lunch (no beer yet) and chowed down with no problems.  It's amazing that you can get a tumor zapped and feel so normal when you leave.

8)

notaclone13:
Hi Buzneg,
So good to hear that things went well today. Thanks for letting us know. Glad to hear you felt good enough to go out for dinner.  Hope you have a smooth recovery while your alien invader shrinks into oblivion.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version