General Category > AN Issues

Tomorrow is MRI Day, again UPDATED!!!!

(1/1)

Pembo:
Some of you may recall that I tried to have my 3 yr MRI a few weeks ago but because of my BAHA implant, they wouldn't do it without a letter from the doctor. I am now armed with my doctor's letter and a card straight from the BAHA people clearing me for the MRI.  I am not as anxious this time as I was a few weeks ago but I know tomorrow am I will be. Here's hoping for a report of an "unremarkable brain scan".  ;)

Lainie181818:
Good Luck with MRI. I'm sure you will be " all clean". I have a BAHA and had my last clear MRI 2 months ago. How do you like the BAHA? do you ever get pain at the abuttment site? I have been wearing one for 5 months and feel a little indifferent about it. Apparantly the hearing quality improves after 12 months. I hope that is the case. I feel like it has increased headaches and the directional thing is still non existent. Anyway I would like to hear your opinion.
Positive thoughts for you.
Lainie.

Pembo:
UPDATE: The Mri is over and the tech was happy to copy my baha card.  I brought home a copy of the cd and with my untrained eye I looked at on the computer and all I saw was my implant so hopefully that means my "brain is unremarkable". I see the doc on Tuesday.  I noticed that the upset stomach that has been plaguing me for a few days was instantly gone when I got home from the MRI.  ;)

Lainie - For me, I sometimes think the BAHA really doesn't help that much but when I forget to put it on I definitely notice the difference. The improvement is slight but helpful. I do get pain on the abutment, in fact this past week dh had to clean and put neosporin on it for me. I only get headaches when I have the sound turned up too high.  As for the directional thing, I'm not sure it really has helped that much I think I just am better at guessing after almost 3 yrs of SSD. (Had the Baha for 1 1/2 yrs).

Lainie181818:
Sounds like you are " all clean " thats great. Thanks for the input on the BAHA, I feel exactly like you I don't know if it helps unless I am not wearing it. I talked to Dr Brackmann about the pain at the abuttment site and he said he had never heard of that before, and that something else must be causing the headache and pain. I have been contacted by a couple of people contemplating the BAHA and I am on the fence. I don't think it is worth all the hassle and discomfort. The one good thing is that The BAHA is being improved frequently, so hopefully so will the results.
Good luck on Tuesday, but it doesn't sound like you need it.
Lainie.

Pembo:
Lainie, I do recommend the BAHA. The improvements may be small but to me they are very beneficial. For example, my SSD is on the right. If my kids try to talk to me while I'm driving I can't hear them but with the BAHA I can. I still remember the day pre-baha that my son tried to tell me something and after the third time I said "please say it again, I still can't hear you" , he said "forget it" very dejectedly. That was my deciding moment for Baha.

Another example is large rooms and a group of people, I could never follow conversation in a group pre-Baha and cub scout meetings in the gym were one big noise mess to me. I can now hear most of what is being said.

Good luck to you.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version