General Category > Inquiries

I'm so afraid

(1/7) > >>

Ingy M:
 :'(  I know that I am getting myself all worked up. I can't wait for this MRI on Sat.
As I read the posts and compare my symptoms to everyone else's, you realize how easy it is to self- diagnose. My story sounds the same as others, lacking some symptoms. As a result of these missing symptoms, I try to convince myself that it just can't be an AN.
Last week I  developed an eye twitch and I have sinus pain on the same side. The lower lid of my affected side twitches off and on, daily, all day. I dismiss this as perhaps from being tired. The left side of my head, behind the ear and neck is getting more painful, and have now started taking stron meds. I now also have "head noise" as opposed to ear noise. Is it getting worse or is this my imagination?
I'm so scared. I am a student nurse, almost finished my first year. Is this going to affect my new career? Will I be able to use a stethescope when I am deaf in one ear?
If it isn't an AN, what else could it be?
I apologize to everyone for sounding so paranoid and for wasting time when I havn't even been DX yet.
I guess I just need to talk to someone. :'(

Thank you
ingy

Dealy:
Ingy M. I think we all realize the anxiety that one can have over the possibility of having an AN. Just too let you know _i have twitching of my left eye on the left side-and my tumor is on the right side. I also get pain on the left side of my head. Do i Have a tumor on that side too. Well I have had 3 doctors tell me no. So all the worry and anxiety is not going too change one way or the other. I know it is easy to say-hard too do-but take it calm and relax a bit. When I had my first AN back in 1988 (I am an NF2) I freaked out because their was no one too talk too with a similiar experience. Now I am on round two because I am an Nf2. Tumor found on the right side. My first one was removed by surgery and I did fine for 18 years with just one ear. If I did not tell you-you would have never known. Please-Please calm down and wait for the results of your MRI. -they are benign and can be treated. Best Wishes-Ron

Ingy M:
Thank you Ron for the kind words.
Saturday will come soon enough. The other problem is that I have to wait an entire month to get the results from my doctor. That was the eariest I could get an appt. I wonder if THAT will make me crazier?
If I ask for a cd of my MRI, I could see the AN myself right? This waiting is for the birds.

1wareagle:
ingy m,

When I first found out that I had a AN it spread quickly through our little community. Soon a friend call me about a young lady they knew who also had previous surgery for a AN too. She contacted her and she came by to see me. She was 19 and had her surgery 3 yrs ago. She had ssd too. She was in a nurses uniform and I asked her what she was doing now. She was in her final year of nursing school. So to answer your worries, you can still be a nurse with ssd. Her face had some paralize too but she wasn't letting that stop her. Maybe you don't even have a AN but if you do you can still achieve your dreams of being a nurse.

Ellis

ppearl214:
Hi ingy,

Ok, deep breath!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Let's see what the MRI says..... step by step... inch by inch... let's see what it says.  Ok? :)

Sending you huggles

Phyl

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version