General Category > Inquiries

IS this TRUE!!!?? if so, THIS IS SCARY!!

(1/6) > >>

dieselducy:
http://researchnews.osu.edu/archive/tooloud.htm

it says that loud noise can cause ANs!!   :o  I have listened to a Walkman at full blast since I was 13 and I am 29 now!!!  i still LOVE my music loud!!!   please let me know how valad this is!!

Obita:
dieselducy:

I have heard this before but never gave it much thought.  If I got it from loud noise it was from airplanes.  I grew up very close to Mpls. St. Paul Int'l Airport.  They flew so low over our house and were so loud you could not hear the person talking next to you when they were overhead.  There was a airplane overhead every two min. durring the day.

If loud noise, music is the cause of AN's shouldn't they be more common than they are?

Kathy

dieselducy:
i'd think so..   HOW can a noise cause a growth??     ::)  anyway, it'd be nice to know. . I think the study was done in ohio..

HeadCase2:
dieselducy,
  There have been many studies atempting to find environmental "causes" for An tumors.  Including things like cell phone use, etc.  I found one that had one of it's best statistical matches to be having children around- which I thought was pretty funny.  You'll find several stories out there about causes for AN, but they seem to be serendipty.
  The only "cause" that I've seen mentiuoned in medical literature was related to a gene on the 22nd chromosome, some tumor suppressor gene.
  So, it's probably not loud music.  Although that obviously can harm hearing.
Regards,
 Rob
PS: My first concert was Hendrix- naw it couldn't have been that.

dieselducy:
it seems like "living" is hazardous to your health ;D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version