Treatment Options > Radiation / Radiosurgery

Vertigo and Radiation....worse after treatments???

<< < (2/3) > >>

gordy:
i had gamma treastment about 3 weeks ago. had some vertigo in the past. wasnt sure what it was at the time. was just unsteady and in a panic mode while driving. 3 weeks out of my gamma treatment i rode my motorcycle this wek. my car had issues and didnt even think about the vertigo. everything was fine. i do notice while riding i cant wonder out at different things. havent noticed any issues since treatment but walking through the house in the dark. good luck to you.

Craig:
Susan,

I also had my treatments done at Vanderbilt with the Trilogy system. I found my AN because of Vertigo. I went to see Dr. Richard Prass at St. Thomas and he did not think that the vertigo had anything to do with my AN. He prescribed me Triamterene and the symptoms went away the next day. Triamterene is a diuretic so it decreases the fluids in the body. I do get off balance when I move suddenly which I do attribute that to the AN.

Craig

linnilue:

--- Quote from: Craig on August 13, 2007, 03:18:18 pm ---Susan,

I also had my treatments done at Vanderbilt with the Trilogy system. I found my AN because of Vertigo. I went to see Dr. Richard Prass at St. Thomas and he did not think that the vertigo had anything to do with my AN. He prescribed me Triamterene and the symptoms went away the next day. Triamterene is a diuretic so it decreases the fluids in the body. I do get off balance when I move suddenly which I do attribute that to the AN.

Craig

--- End quote ---
  Dear Craig,  I find the response from Dr. Prass quite curious and I would like to know his reasoning in prescribing a diuretic for vertigo.  Vertigo is a cardinal sign of AN's pre and post radio or micro surgery.  Since AN,s sit on the eighth cranial nerve it makes sense that if you have an AN, that vertigo would definitely be an issue in most cases.   Do you have cardiac issues that would necessitate the need for diuresis?  I know that many of the neuro-otologists prescribe one of two benzodiazepenes because they work directly and quite quickly on the limbic system thereby stabilizing vestibular imabalance and vertigo.  So for my own research I am trying to figure out why your vertigo has nothing to do with your AN.  I would love to know why your AN is different than others in that it is not responsible for your vertigo.     

susier:
I too, was told that my dizziness and vertigo was pobably not from my AN as it is so small.  This didn't make any sense to me and just made me wonder if there was yet something else wrong besides my AN.  I'm glad to know that vertigo is indeed a symptom of AN's.

ppearl214:
Hey Craig... good to see you and glad to hear you are doing so well! You know I've been following your Trilogy process as it's helping me learn more about it :)

I'm also surprised the doc told you that he felt the vertigo was not AN related....... We know that vertigo is a common denominator with many AN patients and am curious if the doc elaborated as to why he felt your's in particular was not related to the AN.... did he give any more detail to his explanation or did he just say "Yes, you have an AN but the vertigo is unrelated".  Just curious, nothing more..... we know each AN is different in each person, so I'm just curious why he felt your's was not AN related.

Continued wellness to you!
Phyl

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version