Post-Treatment > Cognitive/Emotional Issues

Things that help us cope.......Everyone help me out here.

<< < (2/7) > >>

Tumbleweed:
In no particular order:

1. Music
2. Exercise -- especially outdoors
3. Meditation
4. My wife and mom
5. A new puppy (or any pet, existing or new)
6. The solitude and beauty of wilderness
7. Rewarding work
8. Helping others
9. Healthy diet
10. Lots of sleep
11. The support of friends
12. This forum
13. The accessibility and caring of "my" medical team at Stanford
14. Always having the next vacation or other special outing planned (always having something to look forward to; when one trip is done, start planning the next one immediately!)

Best wishes,
Tumbleweed

saralynn143:
Keeping really busy helps a lot. My father-in-law passed away two weeks ago and I am helping my mother-in-law deal with many details. (I am a stay-at-home mom am available most often.) I am also trying to relocate my parents to the community I live in from their home of 35 years two hours away. My dad is having a rough time recovering from heart surgery which is complicating matters.

My kids still at home are in seventh and fifth grades, with many activities. They have been so great. My face has never once bothered or embarrassed them. My husband has been great too. He even said I still have a beautiful smile (bless his fibbing heart).

Time is also a key element. At first I was very preoccupied with my paralysis and how it was going to change my life. Nearly five months down the road I realize that life is still going on. Not that I want to look like this forever, but it is what it is.

Sara

Debbi:
Great thread!  I feel like I have so much to be thankful for, not even sure where to start...

Wonderful husband who still tells me I'm beautiful (even with my crazy looking smile)
Loving and supportive parents
Loving and supportive friends
Terrific doctors
The cats and the dog, who love me no matter what I look like
Beautiful, crisp fall days
Eating well
Chocolate (dark, of course!)
Being able to laugh at myself
Being comfortable "in my own skin"
and last but not least....
ALL OF YOU GUYS!!

Debbi

Kaybo:
GREAT topic, Angie!  I first saw it yesterday but wanted to post when I had more time to think about it!

1.  FAITH
2.  Dave
3.  my beautiful Curly Girlies
4.  Extended family (they are all so wonderful and supportive)
5.  Incredible Friends!
6.  this forum
7.  LAUGHTER
8.  flowers!!
9.  exercise (really the ability to do anything I want - if I want it bad enough!)

;D    ;D    ;D    ;D    ;D    ;D

CROOKEDSMILE:
Oh Forgot to mention my crazy pills.......Lexapro.(antidepressant)
Angie

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version