General Category > NF2

what were the first symptoms?

<< < (2/2)

Kathleen_Mc:

--- Quote from: nftwoed on February 17, 2013, 12:19:59 pm ---Hi Kathleen;

You wrote: "doc. removed the 7-10th cranial nerves hence.....what would an entirely new one grow on?"
   The 7th cranial nerve is the facial nerve. Are you sure that one was removed? If not removed, the facial nerve remains as a starting point for a new AN.

I am very sure the 7th nerve was removed, at least from the general area anyway, have had multiple "plastic repairs" to my face to try to repair the "damage" (hypoglossal transfer, muscle and facia transfer as well as nerve taken from my leg and put in there). My original surgeon was very surprised with the regrwoth/another growth in the same area for sure......he told me he couldn't be 100% sure if the original tumor grew back due to his "missing a cell or two" the first time around or if I was unlucky enough to just grow another entirely new tumor in the same place.
I go back to the plastic's guy this Thurs. to get the biopsy results from this thing taken off my cheek, guess will go from there.
Kathleen

--- End quote ---

Kathleen_Mc:
GOOD NEWS!
The thing that was removed from my face was a plain neuroma......so far no NFII for me, thanks everyone

Kathleen_Mc:
And so it continues
I developed tinnitus in my "good" ear more than 10 years after my original resection ( hence 10 years after SSD). When I was worked up nothing was found. ( that was a couple of years ago).
In the recent few weeks I have become very unsteady, keep tipping towards the side of the "good ear" , the sound of the tinnitus has changed, at times I get this really loud buzzing in my ear accompanied by pain and followed by silence ( which I am unsure if it's lack of any hearing or just the absence of tinnitus). I haven't any symptoms of being ill as in cold/flu.
I saw my GP last week and am going for either an MRI or CT tomorrow ( not sure which as ordered both, last year they refused to do an MRI due to an implanted heart monitor I have which the manufacture says I can still go into the MRI with). I was referred to ENT but that appointment isn't until middle of next month, still awaiting an appointment with a neurologist  ( most likely a very long wait).
For those who have had bilateral AN's......what were the symptoms you first had of the second AN ?
Kathleen

Jeff:
Hello,
Unfortunately, both of my tumors were identified with the same scan. My symptom was a terrible headache. Oddly, my hearing in both ears was perfect, and changed only as a result of surgery. Both tumors were large when removed. I am doing well now. Let me know if I can answer any other questions.
Jeff

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version