AN Community > AN Community

Amazing Story ...

(1/4) > >>

msuscottie:
If you haven't seen the story of d*** Hoyt & his special needs son, please see below. It's an awesome motivating story. One of the most moving things I've ever seen. The link will take you to thew story and on the bottom is a short music video about it. Great stuff.

http://www.patient-network.com/blog/view/?ID=43

ppearl214:
Scott... OMG, thank you!  I've been following Richard (the name he goes by won't show up in this forum)  and Rick Hoyt for ALL the years they have run the Boston Marathon.....since Rick was a teenager. They have become such a story of inspiration to many in the sports community, as well as the Metro Boston community (they live approx 10 min from me and many others here).

Each year during the Boston Marathon, they are always special interviewed by all the local press and even with Richard getting older, he continues on to make sure Rick enjoys the run.  An amazing story, an amazing story of inspriation and will and drive and strength and courage.  We can definately learn so much by what they have endured and how they continue to push on.

Thanks SO much for sharing this with us.  You truly have no idea the impact they have had on me over the years and the article you share is most worth the read.

Phyl

msuscottie:
Can I admit that I teared up watching the video?   :o

FlyersFan68:
That was a great yet sad story.  I liked the part stating that his first words were  ..Go Bruins! I would have liked it better if he said Go Flyers. Great father/son relationship there!

ppearl214:
Go Bruins works for me... granted, perm resident of BoSox nation!

I'm not sure now that Richard is really starting to get up there in age.. there was talk this past April of it being his last marathon to run with Rick, as it's getting more difficult for him to push the chair.. and Rick has gotten older/heavier in the past years.  When the day comes that Rick can't do the run anymore, I hope they are grooming someone to take over.....

I get chills when I think about the 2 of them and what they represent... and I do gain positive energy in learning about them over the years.  Makes my issues seem so miniscule.

Phyl

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version