AN Community > AN Community

Hey everybody I made it...

(1/4) > >>

eyeamneone:
...well sort of.  I had my AN surgery two weeks ago.  It lasted about 8 hours.  I spent a horrible day in ICU and then four days in a regular room after that.  I am having problems walking with balance.  I lost all hearing on my right side (the side with the tumor).  I'm feeling really down in the dumps.  My question to all of you is (and i know that everyone is different) but at what point should I be two weeks after the surgery?  Should I be up walking around all day and sleeping at night or resting the majority of the day and walking a little more each day?  I'm really confused.  Just a reminder I had a 3 cm AN pressing on the facial nerve.  Any and all input would help.  How long did it take for most of you to get back to work and start doing somewhat normal stuff?  Am I rushing it? 

msuscottie:
You're on track, no worries. Just relax right now, let your body recover. After about a month you'll want to pushing yourself a little, walking more, that kind of stuff. Everyone is different. Some people are up the day of surgery, I wasn't able to walk for 2 months after mine. Your body will tell you when you're ready. Use the time to relax.

HeadCase2:
eyeamneone,
 Ã‚ At two weeks post-op I'm guessing that you're at home, and chomping at the bit to get back to everything you want to do.  It's normal to still be fatiqued, with your abilities for activity improving every day.  I found that I could walk a bit further each day, usually followed by a nap.  Be patient (no pun intended), don't overdue it, and continue to increase your activity level each day.  If you haven't signed up for physical therapy yet, ask your doctor to recommend a PT that has vestibular retraining expertise.
 Ã‚ Best of luck to you, we're pulling for your complete recovery.
Regards,
 Rob

Palace:
CONGRATULATIONS!

I'm thinking of you.  I have 17 days left and counting.....until Ct. scan and the rad-series.  (CK) 

I had five major foot surgeries with pins, and screws on a few of those surgeries.  I suffered the tortures of hell.  I had full facial laser and more.  (19 major surgeries)

Just be good to yourself.  Develop your brain cells if you can.  (if no headache)  Do reading, TV, DVD, phone calls, computer if you can.  The time with my surgeries went slowly as, the pain meds didn't work at all for those pins I had to walk on.  I had crutches but, had to put my foot down at times and it hurt without putting any pressure on it.  My foot is a big mess as a result.  Every single step I ever take from now on is really bad.

Hang in there, and yes get all the therapy you need.  Be good to yourself and enjoy calming music.

All this began back in June for me and I'm still waiting.......

We are here for you.........17 days for me and COUNTING.......it is hard waiting, too..........Palace

Boppie:
Congratulations on making the two week party.  

Just keep resting until your body tells you it is time to start doing more.  The exericse you get just going in and out to the mail box might be enough for now.  Eat well.  Try to get up and get some fresh air each day, but if you don't feel like doing special exercises yet then don't push it.  Yes, everyone is different, every AN is different, so I can't find any assignments for ya' yet. ;D  

We'll just telll Captain Deb you are still groggy headed!  :D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version