AN Community > AN Community

venting

(1/8) > >>

Battyp:
You know just when I thought things might pick up we're sliding back down hill!  Last weds the appeals guy for ssd finally got my records...faxed him my doctor reports, filled out the 8 page questionaire, sent it all back in and in less than a week later I get the letter I'm DENIED yet again.  He actually states in his letter that ssd hearing, numbness in my face, balance issues are not enough to keep me from teaching.  Didn't mention the gagging until I throw up problem when I talk too much, geesh.  The system is so frustrating!  I feel like the let kick the dog when it's down syndrome!

matti:
I'm sorry Michelle :(   

Will the ENT that you saw last week be of any help?

hugs,
Cheryl

Battyp:
he documented that I could not at this time work due to a permanent speech problem which caused choking.  All the doctors documented independently of each other, they all said the same thing even the lady who tested me from VR said that at best with training I could work 2 to 3 hours a day every other day...not enough to support a family on unless I'm getting doctor or lawyer wages. 

Dfcman:
Michelle,

I'm sorry about your being denied.  I havent been exactly up to date on "your story".  Were you denied access to go back to work?

Battyp:
I was told I could no longer teach due to not being able to handle stress, being highly irrational, and having a speech problem.  I was tested through vr and the tester determined that the best I could do would be to work every other day a few hours given my problems since surgery.  I have had 4 medical doctors one neuropsychologist, one social worker all document their findings.  Social security has denied my appeal and the letter stated that the records provided indicate that I can go back to teaching without any difficulties or problems.  When I talk too much my throat gets irritated and I start coughing and in turn start choking until I start gagging and throw up.  Lovely trait for a teacher to have wouldn't you say?  LOL  I am stressed tonight and decided I'm going to call the idiot who made this determination and ask him very every so sweetly where I can find a job that requires little to no talking, has no stress, and requires no balance since I have little left I want to make sure to get my application in for consideration!  Also, my eduation is thus that I can teach.  It's not like you just wake up one day after teaching for 10 plus years and go..you know I think I'll become an accountant today and step right into it.  Just been a rough couple weeks.  I was told tuesday I made too much money on my disability (60% of my pay) that I can't qualify for state insurance help for my son.  I was 189.00 a month more than poverty level over so in order to get him insurance I need to give them 120.00 a month.  Doesn't matter if I have any money left over to pay the mortgage or provide food for him.  Govt at work at it's finest! 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version