General Category > Hearing Issues

Tinnitus caused by MRI???????

(1/2) > >>

sandyinwisconsin:
I had on MRI on Halloween, and since then, my tinnitus is really loud and constant.

Has anyone else had this happen? 

Sandy

Echo:
Hi Sandy,

Yes, my tinnitus which is usually not to bad, can sometimes get worse after an MRI.  It becomes louder and usually reverts back to it's normal level within 3 or 4 hours.   I try and use good ear plugs which does help.

Just a side note regarding MRI's - I posted a question quite a while ago. I had experienced terrible pressure within my head towards the end of one of my first MRI's and wondered if anyone else had that experience.  Know one here could explain where the pressure feeling would come from.  I had a follow up MRI and questioned the tech about it.  She asked me where I usually put my arms.  I told her I like to clasp my hands over my stomach.  She said clasping my hands would cause "arching" which may have been the cause, and recommended keeping my hands at my sides.  Since doing this I've not had any issues with pressure in my head during MRI's.

Hope your tinnitus calms down for you.
Cathie

maxine:
Hi,

I too have noticed my tinnitus gets worse for about a week after each MRI. Then it seems to revert to its usual status.  Hope yours also improves,

Maxine

james e:
Never had any problems from an MRI. Tinnitus is a faulty circuit in your brain. Try this...stare straight ahead, then move your eyes to the left, then the right, up and down. You will notice that your tinnitus will change just by moving your eyes. No outside influence! I am SSD but still have tinnitus in my right ear that was removed.

WiscWahe:
Do you use ear plugs in the MRI.  I have only done two to date.  The first one, no plugs and annoying. But I don't remember an increase in the tinnitus.  The one I had three weeks ago I used plugs and it did not bother me as much.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version