AN Community > AN Community

3 weeks till the big day ....

(1/2) > >>

joe94121:
I am scheduled for a pre-op on 11/15 to prepare for the 12/5 surgery to have my 3.0 cm removed via the retros. approach at Kaiser's Redwood City, CA  (20 miles south of San Francisco) ... any last minute questions to ask the surgeon? what else should I know about the OR? any last minute advice to faciliatate an early recovery? (right now, i feel numb on my left face, dizzy, and off balance to the left) ???

Desilu:
Hi joe94121,

The worst part is making a decision. The hardest part for you is over. Keep a positive attitude take one day at a time, don't push yourself too hard and listen to your doctors. Everyone heals at a different rate, so you really can't compare yourself to anyone else. Your AN journey will be different than anyone on this website. We can only speak from our own experiences and soon, you will be telling us about yours.

May I suggest a good suport team when you get home, someone to help you, whether it's someone to just talk to or someone to cook or clean for you.
Walking will help your balance. I tried to walk twice a day for about 20 minutes each time when I got home. If you have some side effects after your surgery, be patient because most of them will be temporary. One last thing, I had a lot of people praying for me and I truly believed it helped. So I will keep you in my prayers and pray for a speedy recovery.  Ann

Obita:
Hi Joe:

I hope the next three weeks fly by for you.

Best of luck,  Kathy

nancyann:
Hi Joe, definitely agree with Ann - get someone to help clean, cook - I luckily had my mom help me for 2 weeks.   If you have post op balance issues (as most of us had), the more walking the better.    Headaches for me were awful the first month or so post op (hope you don't have this too bad) - visualization really helped me with it.
Wishing you all the best, Nancy

joe94121:
Thanks for all the good wishes ... i just thought of something ... will i be able to write check or go on the net to pay bills after my surgery ... how soon afterwards? 3 days?  ... maybe, i should prepay some of the bills in advance? .... ciao. ....

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version