Pre-Treatment Options > Pre-Treatment Options

New diagnosis from Sydney Australia

<< < (9/9)

v357139:

--- Quote from: Tumbleweed on April 04, 2017, 01:10:43 pm ---
--- Quote from: riabovamd on March 19, 2017, 05:13:38 pm ---BTW, since you are hoping to slow down the growth, look up research of Dr. Konstantina Stankovic from Harvard and Mas. Ear clinic, on Tumeric- curcumin and AN . It is promising, but doses need to be very high to work.

--- End quote ---

I took high doses of curcumin, along with many other natural anti-inflammatory and anti-angiogenesis supplements, for five months leading up to my CK treatments. None of it worked. In fact, my tumor grew at 5x the normal rate during those five months. Another forum participant who was into natural supplements tried much the same routine and also failed to halt her tumor's growth.

I believe natural supplements are a great adjunct to radiation treatments but do not work when taken alone. There are some things that only Western medicine can heal, and an AN is one of them.

My two cents,
TW

--- End quote ---

Interesting.  I took curcumin also, and I think I took honokiol.  My tumor grew from 2.7cm to 3.5cm in 9 months.  Is there causality there, who knows?  But they sure did not work.

ANSydney:
Had my fourth MRI last Saturday. From what I can gather, it is now slightly smaller. All dimensions are AP x ML x CC:

27-Aug-16: 2.35 x 2.32 x 3.13 cm (diagnosis)
25-Feb-17: 2.48 x 2.44 x 3.18 cm
26-Aug-17: 2.48 x 2.53 x 3.19 cm
24-Feb-18: 2.36 x 2.54 x 3.01 cm

Note, the CC dimension is reported as the height in the aspirin study, but the diagonal here.

Also, my last hearing test last Friday was slightly better than the past few months.

These are my measurements and we'll see what the radiologists report says.

In any case, it certainly is not growing.

SP:
Hi AN Sydney!

These measurements indeed show a heartening downward trend. Will the 6 monthly MRIs be ongoing for you ?

Are you doing anything else as far as self treatment/management goes ? (besides the aspirin).
I've had some challenges post CK and am looking to research and implement as many self care strategies as I can.

Be well,

Stella

ANSydney:
Hi Stella,

I would say that the tumor size has basically stayed unchanged, which in itself is heartening. I'm going to continue the 6 monthly MRIs for a bit longer, but if it's still stable in 1.5 years time would feel comfortable to stretch it out.

I'm not doing anything for treatment. Even the aspirins have stopped. Maybe I should start them again.

By the way Stella, thanks for your support when I was first diagnosed. It was very valuable. As all others when first diagnosed, I was like a deer in headlines. As I mentioned at the time this whole situation is an information minefield. I'm much better across things now including how to do my own measurements and how knowing how many tumors grow following diagnosis (a lot less than is thought by others).

AN Sydney

SP:
Well unchanged is good, especially in an AN case!

I'm glad my musings on my journey were helpful. It's nice to have your support on my journey too.

I think it's great that you are confident in your measurements; I've sure had my challenges in the way measurements were reported from one MRI to another, it was so hard to get consistency.

Totally agree with the information minefield; we make the best decisions we can with what we know (or can find out) or sometimes even gut feel.

keep well,
Stella

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version