General Category > AN Issues

good days, bad days

(1/1)

tomano:
just wondering, do any of you have good and bad days? Some days, I feel alright, almost normal so to speak. Other days, it is all I can do to drag myself out of the house. It is mostly do to balance issues and not being able to think clearly. I am trying to get in shape for work and it drives me crazy to have such bad days. My tumor is still on the small side, 12 mm, but this is something I have been dealing with for years now.
peace, tomas

Battyp:
Tomas I think we all have good days and bad days even if we dont' have AN's to deal with.  I know for me since surgery I have good days where I feel pretty normal like before surgery and other days like last monday where I couldn't get myself ouf of a wet paper bag and want to just got back to bed.  It does make things harder but look and see if you have a pattern with the bad days like you didn't sleep well the night before, you were stressed the day before etc.  Maybe if you can identify the cause you can keep the good days coming!

Hang in there!
M

Jim Scott:
tomas:

Everyone has 'good days' and 'bad days', and for a wide variety of reasons.  Of course, having a serious medical issue ((AN) can make the bad days seem worse and probably helps usher them in more often.  Don't allow it to do so.  We all have the ability to control how we feel and whether its a 'good' or 'bad' day for us.  Determine to make the day a good one, regardless of your anxiety about your AN and/or any other concerns that can bring you down....if you allow them to do so.  You have a small, benign tumor - about 6" - that is treatable with non-invasive radiation, if you choose to do so.  You have options.  One of them is to decide to be positive.  Do so, and the 'bad' days might come around far less often.  It's worth a try.  :)

Jim

pearchica:
Hey Tomas with no h! hope this finds you in better spirits and health. And Mr. Jim Scott- one of our sages on the website is right, regardless of good or bad health, we all have good days and bad days. I am a little disappointed with myself post CK treatment, I am slowly getting back into my old cranky farm girl routine! In someways, I feel like my AN has been a life altering experience, my husband and I became closer, we both realized that being work a holic yuppies was not what life was about.  So when I was able to have my AN treated with cyber knife, I was in a state of elation for about 2 weeks (I'm sure the steroids had something to do with week one!) But I was so relieved.  Now, I am back to normal and the normal inconveniences in life are bothering me when before they seemed so trivial.  So I hate to say it, but we humans are creatures of habit. I guess we just need to really enjoy the good days and bear the bad ones realizing that a good one most likely is around the corner.   I'm sorry you are having balance problems- that is a horrible side effect of ANs... And Batty Princess ( really one of our queens in the homecoming court of the AN club) is right, if you can find a pattern, then perhaps you can alleviate some the symptons.  I had a hellish drive back from a sales trip yesterday- 8 hours and today I was absolutely a zombie ( this is the first Power trip I've done post CK) - Coming to the website this evening is the first positive energy surge I have had all day.  So I would keep the website as a part of your daily routine or when you are feeling blue, check in with the gang.  It's just comforting knowing that you are not alone. Take care Tomas, Annie Thomas  PS I think Tomas with no H is way cooler than the "H "I have in my name! 

lmurray69:
Hello, I am sure that all of us could say we have bad days. I feel so tired and It has been 2 yrs sence radiation in 05, then surgery in nov 06. So iam am I  guess a newby recovering. I guess I have to be thankfull for all the friend I have and Family too. Its kinda like AA one day at a time ... Sorry  I have to lay down now.. would love to stay but will be back later..Linda

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version