General Category > AN Issues

Bad News MRI Results

(1/6) > >>

Jwh:
Hi,

Unfortunately I've had a regrowth almost 6 years post op.  I'm so upset I can't believe I have to go through this again.  The size of the tumor is 10 mm.  Please pray for me to help me through this difficult time.  I need to be strong for my familly.  I have a newborn and have to focus on him and my daughter.

How can this happen when the doctor told me he had removed the whole tumor? 

Jen

ceeceek:
Hi, and so sorry to hear about the bad news..but seeing that the regrowth is so small surely you must be a good candidate for CK or GK? and that will not interfere with your life..including enjoying your new son and daughter.
Hang in there, it is one of the things I am scared of in regards to my various upcoming treatments....I see so many people have growths recurr....AUAUUHHGGGG is the only response..not sure what treatment you had initially other than surgery, but things have come a long way in 6 yrs..do a little research, and hang tough,,maybe this time it won't be as bad this time around....after all, you lived through it once...and now you caught it way early...
Ceeceek

cookiesecond:
Jen,
I am so sorry to hear this.You are definitely in my thoughts and prayers!!!!!
Take care,
Lynn

amymeri:
Jen

I am so sorry to hear about your regrowth.  I hope that some of the non-surgical treatments can take care of it and let you continue life as usual.

Your case illustrates why we all need close follow-up.  I know some MDs advocate lengthening the time between MRIs after 5 years, but you are proof positive that we need to stay on course.  I am glad you found yours while it was small!  Can you imagine if you had stopped last year and not gotten another MRI for a few more years!

Best wishes

jerseygirl:
Jen,

So sorry you have to deal with the regrowth. The good news is that your tumor is small and you most likely have all of the options open to you, meaning both surgery ( I know you don't want to hear this word, believe me, I am in the same boat) and radiation. There is an incredible amount of information and support here for you. I hope everything will work out just fine!

Eve

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version