AN Community > AN Community

Surgery date set at House Ear Clinic

(1/3) > >>

red:
Just finished schedulling surgery for my husband at the House Clinic with Brackman and Hitselberger.  The date is November 6 and what a whirlwind the last month has been.  Thanks to you all for your help and reccomendations.  Not sure about some things and anxiety about others.  Just want the best outcome possible for him.   I noticed that someone said to be sure to take a neck pillow, which was something I would not have thought of.  If anyone has ony other suggestions for a good experience at the House please feel free to suggest.  Thanks again red

Joef:
 think of things you would want around if you were home sick in bed for a week ...

slippers
extra toothbrush and shaving stuff
button top pjs with slip on pants
cell phone
lollipops .. (if you have facial problems, the stick is great because the candy does get "lost" in your mouth!)
chapstick
picture of kids or loved ones
cheesecake! (there is a cheesecake factory not far..my wife bought me some while I was bed ridden)

also I might point out, they kept putting eye drops and Lacri-lub in BOTH eyes .. which I hated, because I really could not
see well .. I just wanted my AN side to be done...

Danny2006:
I don’t know what accommodations you have planed, but the Seton Guest Center is Right by the hospital, very safe and secure, I would recommend you stay there, and park in parking building behind guest center. I want to also say that you have picked, (In my opinion) the Best place possible to have your surgery done. I had mine there on 02JUN06 and am so glad I did. I did not turn out as good as I had hoped, but I ended up having a Facial nerve neuroma, and not an Acoustic nerve neuroma, and I believe that at a less experience hospital with less experienced Doc's I would have turned out very bad. So rest assured that the Doc's at HEI know what they are doing.
Good Luck,
Danny

Patti UT:
Good Luck to  your hubby Red, and to you. House will take good cre of him. I think posting and reading here on the forum probably has helped prepare you for the recovery period. It's a tough one, but you'll get through it. Best wishes, positive energy and prayers going out your way. marking my calandar for the 6th to include you guys and your docs in my prayers that day.
Patti UT

ppearl214:
Hi Red,

Although not a micro-surgery patient and can't advise about what to bring to House.... I just wanted to wish your husband wellness and speedy recovery... and know we are here for you too! 

Phyllis

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version