General Category > AN Issues

Headaches when I wake in the morning --

<< < (3/4) > >>

patt:
Thank you to ALL of you ---

I am so thankful to all of you that have posted.  I wake in the morning thinking about this and it continues all day.  It has taken over my life!!   I am so afraid.  I wish there was one decision that would be made and not all the options.   I still haven't met with a surgeon or the radiation dept.  That is coming up soon.   Maybe after those appointment  -- I will have some of the questions answered.

I do have a wonderful family and friends, but I feel like that is all I talk about.   So, now I am not talking about it and keeping it in.  I know that isn't good.

Thanks again to a group that understands  ---
Patt

bell:
Hi Patt, welcome and sorry to hear you are here.
I did not have headaches before surgery, but I do now!
I am 15 months post op and had surgery at the Mayo with DR. Link/Driscoll.  Great team and hospital.  Reasearch your options and see other doctors.  I live in Savage, MN you may email me if you'd like to chat.  Good luck,     Bell

michelle d.:
Hi Patt...Hi :)  I remember feeling overwhelmed and scared too, when I was first told that I had an AN, about 8 months ago. I was so unfamiliar with everything AN and it was like a whole different scary world that I walked into and had to make decisions about things I didn't have a clue about!  I came on the internet, I talked with different doctors and after about 2 months of my own little investigative "research" (and prayer) i made a decision and felt at peace about it. You will get there too...and the people here on this forum seem to be so encouraging and helpful. I agree, it is hard to talk with people in my every day life about my AN issues and i don't want to be a whiner about it, so I try to limit that. I live in upstate New York, so i can't help you with your doctor/hospital decisions but i will tell you that something which helped me a lot to feel comfortable with the procedure choice, doctors and hospital was that i talked with a few other people in this area who had AN and they had used my same doctors and hospital...that was very helpful and it gave me great peace of mind that everything would be alright. How i found those people was i asked the nurse at one of the facilities if she could share some names with me of people who are willing to talk about their AN experience. They called me the next day with 2 names! We're with ya! :) Take care.....michelle d.

sgerrard:

--- Quote from: patt on April 05, 2010, 05:27:03 pm ---I wish there was one decision that would be made and not all the options.   

--- End quote ---

Well, there is no "Easy" button, Patt. :)

The good news is that all the options are good ones, assuming you get a doctor with good experience treating ANs. So you don't have to feel like you might make a big mistake; you just have to sort out which of the several good choices is best suited to you.

It is probably best not to drown your friends and family with an endless discussion of this topic, even though it is uppermost in your mind. That's what we are here for. So go easy on yourself, it will start making sense after a while, and you will get to the other side in one piece.

Welcome aboard.

Steve

james e:
Hello Patt,

I never had headaches because of my AN. Vertigo was my big issue, and that actually was a benefit. My right side balancing nerve was so bad before the surgery, that my left side started taking over balancing for me...in the long run it was good for me.

My AN was discovered in Dec '09 and my wife and I went through what you are now going through...how will we handle this? I changed my mind frequently, even after I was sure that I had all the answers. We even had me set up for radiation in May '10,(new machine coming in) but here it April '10, and I had the surgery. How did I make my decision? Read, read, read. Ask lots of questions...lots of them! Interview your doctors...you will be hiring one or several of them to treat you. How much do they know about ANs, etc. Make a list about waiting, radiation, and surgery.

Over a period of time you will have a lot of information, and you will know what is best for you. Good luck to you.

James

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version