Watch and Wait > For those in the 'watch and wait' status

Upcoming MRI

(1/3) > >>

Vivian B.:
Hi Everybody,

I wasn't sure if I should post this before or after. I am coming up to my first 6th month MRI after being diagnosed. My MRI is scheduled for September 17, 2009 and then I see the Neurosurgeon for results on September 29/09. I have been doing better since the diagnosis, but now I am starting to feel anxious again. My first MRI was in an open machine, this time, the machine will be closed. I am a little claustrophobic but I keep on telling myself that regardless, I have to go through with the test. I hope I listen to my own advice on that day. Steve sent me the calendar but I wasn't able to update any dates on it. Anyway, I will let you know after it's all done. Thank you all for being so supportive throughout these difficult months.
I certainly could not have done it without you.

Vivian

Mickey:
Hi Vivian! It`s very normal to feel anxious on these occasions. I`ve always taken a xanax 2hrs. before going into my MRI machine. I`m happy to hear you are doing better since diognosis and hoping that it continues when you get past this MRI. Wishing you the best, Mickey W+W

sgerrard:
Hi Vivian,

I calendared it for you. The important thing is to know what is going on, and that's what the MRI is for. I hope you get a great result.

Steve

Jackie:
Hi Vivian,

If you are claustrophobic you definitely need to ask for medication prior to the MRI. I cannot do them without, as I am claustrophobic also. Never new I was until having my first MRI. It seems now that I am 60% deaf on the AN side it is worse. Please save yourself any discomfort and get some meds!

Good luck on your outcome, we'll be anxious to find out your results.
Jackie

Jim Scott:
Vivian ~

I hope your MRI is uneventful, that you're able to secure some form of medication to help you through it and that the result shows 'stability', a Watch-and-Wait patient's best friend.

Jim

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version