General Category > AN Issues

More and more symptoms

<< < (3/3)

Windsong:
Hi Julie,

You live in a beautiful area i think.... i've only been up to Rouen Noranda area once in my life when i was nine years old but I can still remember some things.... the island; the bear paw prints on the part of the cottage still waiting for the outside finish;  the daisies we picked in fields of the yellow/white flowers;  the blueberries;  fresh fish we caught in the lake ( well i didn't catch one even though i thought i did  :D  as someone replaced  the little bait fish with a slightly bigger one when i wasn't looking, which made me think i did catch  that fish for a minute    ;D but then the whole catch tasted so good later on an open campfire that i didn't care if someone replaced some little fish for a bigger one )....  i have pictures of the fish and the bear paw prints so maybe  that's why i remember all this.....

About your An:  for surgeons who do this type of op regularly and have done lots,  it is  not the same thing for them as for us who find out we have one.... for them it's what they do;  for us it's  a big thing in lots of ways....  the listening thing is important though .... it sounds as if he is, however....  there are others on the An board in canada who have been pregnant etc who have had surgery so I hope you have posted there as they have encouraging stories too for Ans  found while pregnant....

It does sound as if your An is on the cusp of that magic number of 3 cm. for radiation treatment. Many factors come into decision making though. Location etc and symptoms are factors.....and experience of doctors, of course   ...  I don't think bed side manner has much to do with outcomes ultimately  ... some surgeons are terrible with  "listening" or bedside manner even though they are really very skilled;  others are able to show the compassion and care one would wish for...... skill counts ....

Keep posting as there are many who listen and offer support here and on the other boards.....

My An was around 2 cm when found and treated by radiation  but i have  talked to some who had larger, were pregnant, had surgery and have gone on to have more children too..... I don't know if radiation is an option for you as only someone who has viewed your mri's and knows your situation can determine that....

I do want to send you my good wishes and support during this time as you are far more than a number. Yes, there can be changes in one's life after An ( and they do vary considerably) but when you read the stories people share here we see that all sorts of good things are still there too.... and many many never have more than hearing issues and some numbness maybe ... and some do not have even that..... they do really well.

Wishing you all the best,
windsong

pearchica:
Hi Juliette: I am sorry about your situation- please keep us updated when able.  I was really glad to see kbonner- Katie weigh in and also lovely Windsong.  As much as you can handle read everything you can on the website about this.  take care of yourself- Annie

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version