AN Community > AN Community

Prayers for DIL

<< < (2/3) > >>

Soundy:
Update....
Pam has not had surgery yet. Insurance requested another opinion. New doctor says radiate the tumor. First doctor says position and size would make radiation dangerous due to swelling that occurs before tumor death.
So right now she is in holding pattern as insurance sends her to other doctors until they can get 2 to agree on a plan. Decision will be made towards in of the month.
Continue prayers please

Patti:
Oh dear.  Prayers for Pam!!!!!!!

ANSydney:
Soundy, I couldn't work out the size or symptoms of Pam's tumor.

Soundy:
She had been having hearing problems in right ear, balance issues, taste disturbances, tinnitus and some headaches. This has gone on for about two years. No scan was done until  couple months ago when she was dizzy and passed out. They diagnosed her with menneires disease.

They told her it's the size of a ball that if sliced through center would be as big around as a golf ball.

When I posted original post I had talked to her 2 days before and surgery was still a go. Had not been able to get in touch with her until this week end. They were not taking calls and the one time I drove down, 2 hours away, no one was home. Hopefully something will be settled soon. The waiting and differences in doctor opinions are pushing her to a nervous breakdown.

ANSydney:
Strange to get dimensions in such a qualitative manner. You would think that treatment providers and radiologists would quote millimeters rather than objects.

If indeed the tumor is the size of a golf ball, it would be 43 mm in diameter. If totally spherical, that would give a volume of 41.6 cm3. Even if it was only along two axis and the third was half as much, it would be a volume of 20.8 cm3. I doubt any radiosurgeon would push for radiation at that size. I suspect the tumor size is much less than indicated. Would be nice to know measurements.

It's sad to hear that different doctors recommend different methods. Are they suggesting a method and asking the patient to find a provider? Or are they saying, don't use someone else, use me?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version