Pre-Treatment Options > Pre-Treatment Options

MRI at Emory Tomorrow

(1/5) > >>

brucifer:

ppearl214:
Bruce,  you KNOW I am sending wishes and huggles that the news is good tomorrow and that the AN is not growing.  I'll be thinking of you and plu-eeeeeeeeze keep us updated.  You and I know that you are in fabulous hands with Dr. Mattox!  Good luck tomorrow! I'll be cheering you on!

Phyl

Derek:
Hi Bruce...

Very best of luck with your MRI scan tomorrow and here's hoping that you get another year's subscription to the 'wait and watch' club!

Best Regards

Derek

BeJoi:
Hi Bruce,

I'm sending you lots of positive energy and praying that your AN has remained the same or even shrunk.  That does happen, I was told by a neurosurgeon today.    I've decided to go with a fractionated therapy at Piedmont Hospital.  I met with the Radiation Oncologist today there who did his residence under Crocker at Emory.  He's very knowledgeable and agrees that a long course of fractionated therapy would be the best in terms of trying to preserve my hearing, which is at the low normal range right now.  We're going to use the Trilogy System and he is going to implant gold markers in my skull to make the treatment even more accurate.  The neurologist said I could wait and watch, but waiting in my case would be waiting for more hearing loss.  I'd rather go ahead and try to preserve what I have rather than lose more hearing that I will probably not regain.  Of course, I realize there's no guarantee that I'll preserve my hearing over time, but I'm hopefully making a decision that will support that.

I feel really good about Piedmont and the Trilogy System.  I'm anxious to read tomorrow how everything went.  I guess you won't get the results for several days.

Beverly

jerseygirl:
Hi, Bruce,

As a fellow wait and watcher whose term unfortunately has come to an end, I wish you the best of luck, that is, an unchanged MRI! I hope your tumor does not grow anymore and you continue with wait and watch.

Eve

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version