General Category > AN Issues

Excessive Sleepiness

(1/2) > >>

Catflower:
I was wondering if any of you experienced excessive sleepiness before treatment.  I get sleepy 4 or 5 hours after I get up and stay that way until I take an afternoon nap (if I can work it in).  It doesn't matter if I get 6 hours or 10 hours at night I'm just extremely sleepy during the day.

Linda

Lorenzo:
Intersting that. I didn't have that problem before treatment. certainly had it very strongly after CK. Still do on occasions, but rarely. It's more the oppsite now.
Ciao, Lorenzo

jerseygirl:
Hi,

I was extremely sleepy before my treatment. In fact, I could not wake up on my own, somebody had to shake me from sleep. It was not unusual for me to sleep until 2 PM on the weekend until somebody finally stormed into the room, completely disgusted. I was also falling asleep at late night parties we went to; I have a lot of pictures to prove it. All of this was gone after surgery, although my party time was completely over because of headaches. I was explained that the reason for this sleepiness is the pressure on the brain by a huge tumor that I had. I don't know if that is really your case since your tumor is smaller and presumably there is no pressure on the brain but it seems An can give you anything! Best wishes to you; your tumor is not big, so there is an overwhelming chance you will come out of any tretment without any major complications.

Eve

Pembo:
I was very tired before surgery and could fall asleep anytime. The surgeon said my tumor was pressing on the brainstem and that was the most likely cause.

Raydean:
The symptom of being excessively sleepy should be brought to your Doctor's attention.  it could be as simple as the body being tired from working so hard to stay in balance, but it could also be a symptom of a medical problem.  Might be best to run it by your Doctor.

best to you
Raydean

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version