Post-Treatment > Facial Issues

tongue and lip acting up....

<< < (2/2)

Dealy:
My entire right side of my face-part of my tongue went numb on January 25th of 2005. I will remember that date as my D-Day. That is when I found out I had another AN. After radiation it got worse. Even affected my swallowing for awhile. It has been almost 5 months out since FSR and I am feeling the affects of something going on in that head of mine. Started on Steroids again on Friday. Not so much for the numbness of the face-that never changes- but my ear canal inside is swelling. When I move my jaw my ear canal closes and shuts off my hearing. Its like you get one down and along comes another challenge. On top of that we have a cold front coming through the last few days. That barometric pressure also seems to fire up those nerves. I have been on Steroids so many time (a six pack) at a time for 6 days I feel like the Steroid Cafe. My wife has a AUnt who had CK for a Benign Tumor of the Menniges of the Brain this summer. They still have her on a low dose of Steroids. She says by the end of the day her feet feel just wierd and her legs feel like rubber. My wife called Johns Hopkins an talked to an on duty onconlogist and he told her to get me off Steroids. Figure that one out-always was told you cannot just stop like that. Anyway-know what a numb face feels like.

tatianne:
Dealy,
seems like you have lived through a lot over the past years.
Its difficult to not get discouraged when we are faced with one trial after another but
Im going to have faith that for you, myself and all the others on this board that one day this will be
able to move forward and leave this AN thing as a part of what happens to us during a few years in our life.
Thanks for answering, its very helpful for me to know that im not alone and others in this boat are experiencing a lot of what I am. I feel less afraid and not so alone.
T

targa72e:
I had numbness in the tip of my tongue start about 5 months ago, I am also a wait and watcher. My AN is smaller than yours. Its just like realestate location,location, location.

john

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version