Post-Treatment > Cognitive/Emotional Issues

Cognitive/Emotional issues during an AN journey

<< < (2/8) > >>

LADavid:
Cheri
Don't worry.  LAX is on the coast and they always get a coastal haze in the morning.  Right now where I am, 4 miles from the House clinic, it's bright, sunny and about 80 degrees.  When you're here next week it will be in the 70's.  Very Fall-like for LA.
David

Nancy Drew:
I am definitely having the cognitive/emotional issues related to pre-GK.  It was affirming to read the article regarding this subject in the recent AN newsletter.  My problems right now:  difficulty spelling, difficulty typing, hard time finding the right words,  using the wrong words, can't concentrate, get mixed up, feel like I'm going crazy (this one is probably true!!!), get frustrated, overly dramatic, too sensitive about stupid stuff, get feelings hurt easily . . . . the list could go on!

May all experience some emotional wellness today.

Nancy ;D

CROOKEDSMILE:
This is related to emotinal issues.........facial paralysis has affected my personality. I used to be really outgoing but I find it hard to talk to people when I can't even have an expressive face. It seems hard to communicate without facial expressions. I tend to withdraw from social situations and parties are out of the question. I would rather be at home safe and sound. Although I am looking better my facial muscles aren't strong enough for expressive movements. I don't know if that comes with time or if those are gone forever. A smile takes hard work. A blink takes hard work. Do the movements get easier and stronger with time. This has been really hard. I used to host tons of parties/events at my home and those have ceased.
Angie

mindyandy:
Wheres my post???? I know I had posted something here just a few minutes ago???? Oh my goodness, I've lost my mind....THE TUMOR ATE MY SHORT TERM MEMORY....LOL.
I remember posting something awhile back regarding handwriting. At least I think I did??? ::)
My handwriting has gotten soooo bad I dont even reconize it. Thats sad. As for my memory....I do miss it....

NOW WHERE WAS I?????

mindyandy:

--- Quote from: mindyandy on September 24, 2008, 08:51:46 pm ---Wheres my post???? I know I had posted something here just a few minutes ago???? Oh my goodness, I've lost my mind....THE TUMOR ATE MY SHORT TERM MEMORY....LOL.
I remember posting something awhile back regarding handwriting. At least I think I did??? ::)
My handwriting has gotten soooo bad I dont even reconize it. Thats sad. As for my memory....I do miss it....

NOW WHERE WAS I?????

--- End quote ---

HEY I FOUND MY POST......IT WAS UNDER A DIFFERENT THREAD....SILLY ME :D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version