General Category > Inquiries

sleep

<< < (6/6)

Kathleen_Mc:
Windsong: I have been diagnosed with a sleep disorder but it was working shift work all the time that was blamed for the developement of it. Apparently it takes me 4 hours to reach REM sleep when I sleep at night, the sleep doctor felt this likely doesn't happen when I sleep in the day, he believe if it was happening I'd be much worse off than I am. It was because of my having had brain surgery he wouldn't give me melontonin, he says it's contra-indicated in those with "brain damage" (the scar tissue issue).
Kathleen

Patti UT:
HI All you Night Owls.

You'll usually find me reading on this here forum or watching infomercials at 2-3am.  I practically nod off the second I hit the pillow because I am so sleep deprived, but then I just can't stay asleep. If the slightest thing wakes me up, I instantly hear the #*#*# tinnitus and can't go back to sleep. I usually toss around for about an hour before giving in to the "Inner head symphony" and get up to watch the same ole infomercials trying to get exhausted enough to go back to bed.  I used to take a drug called "trazadone" which I liked much better than benidryl. Never felt crummy the next day after the trazadone. No side effects and not addictive. I hear ambion can be addictive. But one does develope a tollerance to it. i would take 1/2 a 25mg pill a night maybe 4-5 nights a week. it really helped. then I was up to a whole pill for a long time, and a few times I took 1 1/2,  so i decdied maybe I should stop for a while. I'm just about to go back to them because I'm not sleeping agian. Wish the forum had instant messaging. It could be fun during the wee hours when were all up.

Patti UT

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version