Useful Information > Physicians

Going back to work -- timing

<< < (2/2)

ppearl214:

--- Quote from: Lorenzo on January 13, 2007, 06:40:51 am ---I went back to work slowly at week 4 after CK. Initially found it very difficult with concentration and 'cognitive' problems. Gradually imporved over 8 months or so. Now back to normal. Mulit-tasking is something that is not fully back yet, but then that's more to do with being a man than an AN!  :)
Lorenzo

--- End quote ---

About the same for me post-CK.  1st week post treatment, was at work part-time as the fatigue was rather bad.. and inch by inch, day by day, things have become better.  Now (OMG!  :o ) 9 mos post treatment, I am working full-time, just about 90-95% back to what I was pre-treatment and moving along..... little things here and there, but nothing major. Doing great!

Phyl

redgrl:
Wish i could go back to work. Help keep my mind off things. ;D

Battyp:
I'm with you Red.  I'm bored at home  LOL 

al:
Hi Maarten,

I went back to work exactly 12 weeks after my surgery.  I was being paid full time and I just didn't feel I was ready to hit the NY subway and buses.  The first two days I worked till 3pm but after that full time.  I work from 8am - 5pm, but usually stay later.   The only problem I had when I returned to work was my balance being a little off, but I managed fine.  It was strange though since I am deaf in my right ear (translab), when someone would call me, I couldn't tell from where the voice was coming from.  Also I found it's hard when you are in a large room with a lot of people, but you get used to it like everything else. It's been 5 months now since my surgery.  You do learn to adjust.  Just don't rush it and take as long as you will need to.  I was actually getting so bored at home.

Good luck
AL   

Denise:
Hi,
I went back to work part time after about 2 1/2 months, then full time after 5 months. I was not ready, but my insurance dumped me when I wasn't working at least 30 hrs/week.  There were a few days that I know I dozed off at my desk.  Luckily my boss is a nice guy and didn't say anything. 

Take your time, get plenty of rest, and if you can go back part time at first then its a good idea.

Denise

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version