General Category > AN Issues

Chris Update

(1/4) > >>

chrissmom:
Good news all...

We see movement !  Chris has demonstrated his ability to "whistle" and we saw movement  in the facial muscles.  It's slight to be sure but it is there.  He had the anastomosis 4 months ago.

He went fishing today.  I guess your encouragement helped.  We finally have a nice day here in Pennsylvania so he went fishing with a friend.  He hasn't been fishing for a long time.

He is working part-time and he plans to go to college in the fall.  Congratulations to Batty on her return to school !

He was recently denied SSD because they feel that his illness will not last a year.  Well, we are appealing that ruling.  I kept a diary last year ( as per advice of Raydean).  I have everything listed month by month.  It details his constant struggles with his newly acquired hearing loss, the constant frustration and stress of the altered levels of hearing and balance, his self-consciousness about his facial paralysis.  He is in recovery and I want them to know how he struggles with it.

I'm thinking about writing a story for Readers Digest when this is all over.

I keep telling him to post his picture so  you can all see how gorgeous he is... what a mom, huh?

Jim Scott:

--- Quote from: chrissmom on March 11, 2007, 01:09:03 pm ---Good news all...

We see movement !  Chris has demonstrated his ability to "whistle" and we saw movement  in the facial muscles.  It's slight to be sure but it is there.  He had the anastomosis 4 months ago.

He went fishing today.  I guess your encouragement helped.  We finally have a nice day here in Pennsylvania so he went fishing with a friend.  He hasn't been fishing for a long time.

He is working part-time and he plans to go to college in the fall.  Congratulations to Batty on her return to school !

He was recently denied SSD because they feel that his illness will not last a year.  Well, we are appealing that ruling.  I kept a diary last year ( as per advice of Raydean).  I have everything listed month by month.  It details his constant struggles with his newly acquired hearing loss, the constant frustration and stress of the altered levels of hearing and balance, his self-consciousness about his facial paralysis.  He is in recovery and I want them to know how he struggles with it.

I'm thinking about writing a story for Readers Digest when this is all over.

I keep telling him to post his picture so  you can all see how gorgeous he is... what a mom, huh?

--- End quote ---

"What a mom" is right!  You've been a super-mom all through this ordeal with your son.  Brave and resilient seems to be a family characteristic.  :)

I'm so pleased to see that Chris is showing signs of facial movement.  I trust that movement will increase over time.  The fishing expedition is a very good idea.  I hope Chris brings back a creel full of fish tonight.  :)

The denial from Social Security is common on the first attempt, as many here can attest.  Your appeal seems justified.  Best of luck with it, as your son certainly deserves what others sometimes receive for far less of a loss. 

It sounds as if Chris is doing fairly well, considering the size of the tumor removed and the complications he had to endure.  Be sure he knows that we all congratulate him and wish him the best as he struggles toward a full recovery.

Jim

nancyann:
YEEEAAAAHHHHHH !!!!!!!!!

You don't know what this does for my spirits !!!!!
I am soooo happy for him, & you too mom !!!!

WOW !!!  First I read how well Denise is doing, now Chris.
I'm getting less scared of the 12/7 jump surgery by the minute !!
Great news,   take care,  Nancy

Jeanlea:
Great news!  It's always good to hear that faces are moving.  Hope Chris has fun fishing.  It does feel like spring is in the air today. 

Jean

pearchica:
Right ON! we all need to hear and read about good things that happen! Way to go Chris- and Kudos to Mom- Suma Cum Laude- Annie

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version