General Category > AN Issues

Introducing myself

(1/4) > >>

southjersey636:
Just happen to stumble upon this forum after looking up some topics on the AN. Well lets start off by saying my name Mike and I was first diagnosed with my AN at 18 when I lost hearing in my left ear. Over the years while growing up I would get dizzy spells that dated all the way back when I was 8-9. At 18 I had my tumor taking out at University of Penn in Philadelphia and overaul the surgery came out great with no facial problems which was a big +, some uneasy balance problems and no hearing in my left ear but that was disccused to me before I did the surgery.  Im now 24 and like many others have had my share of issues of recovery from uneasy feelings when in certain stores-situations, to fatigue. but I guess I can help speak for the younger crowd that has had one of these tumors removed or is going to. I feel that certain things can aggravate the affects the tumor removal like alcohol, caffeine and not getting enough exercise.

Well thats all for now. Hope to talk to you all.

Joef:
Welcome  8)
Years ago (at your age).. I guess you could call me a heavy drinker (20+years ago) and of course became older and wiser  ... I have not *really* tied one on since the surgery, but I've had enough dinner parties and light social drinking to realize ... I'm a lightweight now.. with only one inner ear to balance myself .. seems like 2 drinks are 4 ... 4 drinks are 8 etc... I'm ok sitting down.. but getting up to walk in a dark hallway .. forget it..... heck I have trouble doing a DUI walk dead sober anyway.

The best things to do?  .. exersize more, (drink less) don't avoid places that make you un-easy -- I know its hard, the more you do it, the easier it gets. Heck I'm taking the train to work every day.. the crowds of people still make me un-easy, but it is getting better (plus standing on the train while it going is great pratice!)

pearchica:
Mike: welc  Welcome to the forum.. if it's of any comfort, at your age, I never held my drink well, but I was too drunk and or young or stupid to know the difference! Now at age 44, I know the difference and I still "don't hold my drink well"! Glad to know your sugery went well. Thanks for introducing youself- take care, Annie

Battyp:
HI Mike and welcome!  Heck I had one sip of wine and it went straight to my head....I can't imagine what a whole glass would do  LOL

Have you met Chri, Chelsy or Taylor?  They are around your age.

matti:
Welcome to the forum Mike!!! I know your perspective on the whole AN journey will certainly help our younger members (and us oldies as well ;))  Thank you!!

Since my AN surgery I have found that I can get drunk on just half a glass of wine, where as before my tolerance level was much, much higher.

Cheryl

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version