Author Topic: Catlover´s Postie Story  (Read 30550 times)

largecat

Catlover´s Postie Story
« on: May 21, 2009, 01:34:28 am »
This is continued from the thread "Now iit's my turn" http://anausa.org/forum/index.php?topic=9587.0 by Catlover and me, her husband Mats. Today she will be moved from ICU to the ward (is that the correct word?) and then we will see. I'm on the commuter train now, heading for Lund where the hospital is. A loverly pre-summer day here in Sweden. lilacs blooming, air filled with the smell of grass and fresh green leaves. Hope Helene soon will get the chance to smell and feel it again. I seems very promising so far.

« Last Edit: May 21, 2009, 01:36:55 am by largecat »
/mats  - "catlovers" husband

largecat

Re: Catlover´s Postie Story
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2009, 02:58:58 am »
The 10:00 report. Actually spoke to her now, she could say something more than just unprintable expressions. She's got a bandage around her head and a pirates patch over her right eye. She's had problems with double vision and a nasty headache. Still, I felt she was much better compared with yesterday.

She did not want me to take any pics,  but she smiled when I told here she was good looking in the pirates patch.

She could only talk a few minutes, she was very tired. I'll check in on her later today, when she is in her own room.

And I will take a pic, I know how much she looked at the ones you have posted here. There must be some justice in the AN-community! Give and take.  :)

calimama

« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2009, 04:54:01 am »
Hi,

My first hello and congratulations to you both. Glad to read another happy story and trust these early days will breeze by and everyday will be better.

Trish in Toronto Canada
Left 2.9cm CP Angle AN discovered Jan 2008. Retrosig surgery June 2, 2008 Toronto, Canada. Facial paralysis and numbness, double vision (4th nerve), SSD. DV totally recovered in 4th month; palsy started to recover slowly around month 7. Had twin boys 13 months after surgery. Doing great.

largecat

« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2009, 06:09:05 am »
Final report for the day - nothing much have changed, she is tired, wants to sleep, drinking mineral water, headache. Not much for me to do, so I'm on my way back home. I did not ask about hearing, seemed like it is not so important for the moment. I passed on all your greetings. Next update tomorrow.

MAlegant

• 50th birthday party pic
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2009, 06:33:32 am »
Mats and Helene,
So glad you are both on the other side of this.  It sounds like all is progressing normally.  I'm sending you my best wishes.
Marci
3cmx4cm trigeminal neuroma, involved all the facial nerves, dx July 8, 2008, tx July 22, 2008, home on July 24, 2008. Amazing care at University Hospitals in Cleveland.

suboo73

« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2009, 06:41:19 am »
Hi Mats & Helene!

So glad to read your updates here on the Forum! 
Sounds like Helene is doing great, just takes time - and most other AN surgery patients say 'the first three days don't count.'
(I think i would have said those same first words if i had brain surgery!)   :o

All my best to you and Helene!
Thinking good thoughts and saying prayers for you and your family.

Sincerely,
Sue
suboo73
Little sister to Bigsister!
9mm X 6mm X 5mm
Misdiagnosed 12+ years?
Diagnosed Sept. 2008/MRI 4/09/MRI 12/09/MRI 1/21/11
Continued W & W

cindyj

« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2009, 06:53:15 am »
All sounds very familiar...and, though not fun, normal - so glad! 

Cindy
rt side 1.5 cm - Translab on 11/07/08 Dr. Friedman & Dr. Schwartz of House Ear Institute,
feeling great!

"Life consists not in holding good cards, but in playing well those you do hold."  Josh Billings

CHD63

• Life is good again!!
« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2009, 07:18:13 am »
Mats ....

Thanks so much for the regular updates on Helene!  It seems like we all become one huge family on this site .......  As others have said the first three days after surgery are mostly forgettable days and then things usually begin to look better quite quickly.  Until next post .....

Our thoughts and prayers continue.

Clarice
Right MVD for trigeminal neuralgia, 1994, Pittsburgh, PA
Left retrosigmoid 2.6 cm AN removal, February, 2008, Duke U
Tumor regrew to 1.3 cm in February, 2011
Translab AN removal, May, 2011 at HEI, Friedman & Schwartz
Oticon Ponto Pro abutment implant at same time; processor added August, 2011

Lilan

« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2009, 08:46:37 am »
Glad to hear she is moving through the legendary first-three-daysTM with brighter ones ahead very soon!
Facial nerve hemangioma. Probable dx 7/2008 confirmed 4/2009. Combo middle fossa and translab to remove the blood vessel malformation and snip ruined hearing and balance nerves by Drs. House and Brackmann @ House 6/2009. Doing great!

sgerrard

« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2009, 08:56:20 am »
Thanks for the updates, Mats. Helene will be home soon, hang in there. Glad to hear everything is okay. Best wishes to her.

Steve
8 mm left AN June 2007,  CK at Stanford Sept 2007.
Hearing lasted a while, but left side is deaf now.
Right side is weak too. Life is quiet.

Keri

« Reply #10 on: May 21, 2009, 09:28:35 am »
Hi Mats,
Tell Helene we are praying for her! The weather sounds lovely and I hope she can enjoy it soon.
Keri
1.5 left side; hearing loss; translab scheduled for 1/29/09 at Univ of MD at Baltimore
My head feels weird!!

tenai98

« Reply #11 on: May 21, 2009, 09:38:32 am »
Good to hear she is doing great. As stated first three days dont count.  I felt much better after the third day and once they got me up walking.  Soon this will be a thing of the past. Dont forget to take care of yourself as well Mats.
JO ;D
14mmX11mmX11mm left ear
TRANSLAB 04/07/09 2cms at time of surgery
Dr. Benoit and Schramm, Ottawa Civic Campus
SSD ,some facial numbness
Baha surgery sept 22/09
residual tumor 13mmX7mmX8mm
2016 new growth.  25mmX21mmX22mm
cyberknife on June 7

largecat

« Reply #12 on: May 21, 2009, 10:18:07 am »
Thanks - yes, I think she knows about the F3D, and she just tries to sleep them away with as much help as possible from painkillers. Tenai98: "doing great"? I'm not so sure she would agree  ;) - guess she will make a comment about that later...  I feel confident in your belief that this is all "normal" - but I'm still nervous. Keri: I know she will fight to get out of that room and smell the lilacs, she is stubborn as a red pig...  (Swedish saying). Steve, Clarice, Cindy, Sue, Marci and everybody else posting - thanks for the support.

Debbi

• Originator of the Magic Scarf
    • Debbi's AN Blog
« Reply #13 on: May 21, 2009, 10:49:59 am »
Hi Mats and Helene-

Just wanted to say that the worst will be behind you in another day or so, so have faith.  I think all the drugs really take a toll during the first couple of days, then she should start feeling a bit more human.  Keep us posted!

Debbi
Debbi - diagnosed March 4, 2008 
2.4 cm Right Side AN
Translab April 30, 2008 at NYU with Drs. Golfinos and Roland
SSD Right ear, Mild synkinesis and facial nerve damage
BAHA "installed" Feb 2011 by Dr. Cosetti @ NYU

http://debsanadventure.blogspot.com

Kathy M

• Kathy
« Reply #14 on: May 21, 2009, 07:06:59 pm »
Hi Mats,

Just following along with your updates and wish the two of you the very best as you move through the recovery process.  This is nice time of year to recuperate - sounds like you've got beautiful environment to heal in!  A day at a time...a day at a time.

Take care!

Kathy
AN diagnosed 11/14/08, 3+cm, Retrosigmoid 1/13/09, Univ. Hosp., Cincinnati, Drs. Tew and Pensak
no facial nerve or eye issues!
3 more surgeries related to staph infections & osteomylitis over next 13 months.  New diagnosis of breast cancer.  Treatment completed 08/27/10.  Moving on!!!