General Category > AN Issues

Drippy nose anyone?

<< < (6/6)

ddaybrat:
I also have the drippy nose on the AN side.  Between the tears running down my face on both sides....my non-AN side seems to sympothize with the AN side sometimes...lol  and the drippy nose, I think I must keep Kimberly-Clark in business.  I have boxes of kleenex in every room and always a a few in my pocket.  My nose drips when I eat and also when I'm active...if I'm bending over for any length of time...such as tying a shoe or digging in a drawer, you can bet I need a kleenex to catch it.

I was so paranoid about a CSF leak last summer, that I actually bought some glucose test strips.  I don't remember what they cost, but the container has probably 100 in it.  It's easy to test...you just catch the drip on the strip and if the strip turns color, then you have a CSF leak.  If not, then you're OK.  It saves running to the doctor all the time.  The strips are the same ones diabetics use to test glucose in their urine. 

I've been lucky...my tests have always been negative.  Hope the rest of you continue to have the same luck.

Pat

CHD63:
OK, this makes me feel better.  Gonna look for the glucose strips if it happens again.  Thanks!!!

Clarice

MNTim:
Within the last month I had a CSF leak from my nostril.  After some of my prior surgeries I thought I had a leak because of a runny nose but I discovered recently that a leak is very obvious.  It does run like a faucet and it is like water.  When you bend over it drips constantly until you sniff.  When I sniffed I got a very salty taste in my mouth.  I mean like I ate a spoon of salt not kind of salty. 

I was able to produce for the test very easily.  I walked down a flight of stairs while looking down and got the two drips in the vial that they need.  The ENT said he knew it was CSF as soon as he saw the vial.  They can't test boogers!

Last fall I was running 3 miles several times per week and would develop a runny nose after the first mile.  I know now that it was not a leak.

Tim

Keeping Up:
Mainly directed at Annisa ...

Don't you have a wack-load of very young children?  I have a constantly running nose (i.e. I am like a granny with kleenex up my sleeve, or if short-sleeved, tucked in at the top of my undies - I know where every kleenex box is in everyone's office at work as I grab kleenex constantly.  I take kleenex box from the supply room two at a time!).  The 'running nose' is similar to your description ... I bent over one day to look at a document on someone's desk and dripped (tremendously embarrassing ... and it just won't stop, until hopefully late spring/summer.)

I blame it on young children.  I have no allergies and have not yet had any treatment.  I never had this issue pre-children.  I could probably take decongestants to help it out ... but typically live drug free (except for birth control, of course!!!!)

Good luck, and hopefully it is unrelated to your AN (and treatment).

Ann

ddaybrat:
Ann...I had to laugh when you said you were like a granny with your kleenex tucked in.  My mother, bless her soul, always had a kleenex tucked somewhere.  As a child, she used to pin a cotton hanky to my dress every morning when I went to school.  Course, that was before kleenex became so popular.

Pat

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version