General Category > AN Issues

My incision is still leaking

(1/8) > >>

wendysig:
Hi all,

This is just unbelievable!  My incision started leaking on August 6 and has given me false hope that it would stop many times.  For the past week or so, it was just leaking for a while in the morning and maybe into the early afternoon.  It would then stay dry until the next day.  I really thought this was an indication that it was almost done leaking.  The last couple of days it hardly leaked at all and I was sure it was almost done.  Lat night it started leaking again.  I just want to scream!!!  When I saw my doc a couple of weeks ago he offered to suture it but said if I could be patient it would probably stop soon on its own, which he thought was a better course of action since he thought it was leaking for a reason.  I agreed that I'd rather deal with the leak than possibly risk an infection which is what he was getting at.   He also said if it was still leaking by my next visit he would suture it then.  That is still two weeks away and I am not sure of what to do.  This on and off again leaking is driving me crazy!  I have no signs of infection and it still looks like serous fluid but enough is enough!  I'm not sure I expect any answers -- I just really needed to vent a little.

Wendy - STILL eaking in NYC

Kaybo:
Wendy~
That just stinks!!  I could call you & you could hold the phone up to your head and I could tell it that it "BETTER stop right now"  in my sternest teacher/parent voice.  It usually works on the kiddos...shall we give it a try??   ;D

I am so sorry - how incredibly frustrating!  :-\

K

Tamara:
You are taking this "Queen of the Icky Head" thing a bit too far my dear!  I definitely sympathize and hope you feel better after venting.

Tammy

leapyrtwins:
Wendy -

Stop it!!!  Stop leaking right now!!!  >:(

Sorry, thought if I got angry and used force it might help.  Probably didn't, did it  ???

Maybe we should have someone send you the lucky scarf.

Seriously, the doctor probably gave you a timeframe for a reason unbeknownst to you.  IMO you should hang in there until the next appointment and see what he decides to do then.

I know it's easy for me to say since I'm not the one going through this . . .

Try to be patient; we're all pulling for you.

Jan

Kaybo:
Wendy~
Isn't the saying "Queen for a DAY" ?????

K

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version