General Category > AN Issues

What caused your AN ?

(1/25) > >>

Joef:

What do you think caused your AN ? .. this would be the place to look for a common thread !!

Reading about the golf ball to the head, made me think of the time I was 8 , I had a bad concussion from when I fell from a bike and hit my head on the street. :o *No helmets back then*. Gave my parents a good scare! as I was out cold and spent a few days in the hospital.
   We seem to have a lot of teachers here! could noise be a factor? ... I've always been a metal head, music up loud as it could go my neighbors hated me as a teenager*. ;D During my long comute to work *40 miles* I would always have a music up loud !!!!

wanderer:
I've been in martial arts for over 20 years.   I've been hit in the head so many times it's not funny so there is no way to even guess if any trauma ever caused mine

matti:
When I was finally diagnosed with my AN, one of the first questions my surgeon asked me was, "have you ever had any kind of head trauma?" My answer was yes, twice when I was a kid. Garage door slammed down on my head and a car ran a stop sign whille I was on my bike and I hit the ground head first. One of my questions to him was regarding loud music. During my teen years in the early 70's I never missed a rock concert and always had my stereo blasting. My surgeon did not think there was any link between loud music and my AN, otherwise alot more of the population would have one, but he did keep asking me about  the head trauma that I experienced as a kid.

Great question!

matti

Kathleen_Mc:
I did have head trauma as a child, when I was about 6 I split the back of my head wide open in a fall. Also about a year pre diagnoses I was hit while driving (side swiped) and although I already had symptoms they greatly and quickly increased after this. I often wonder if the car accident caused the already present A.N. to grow at an acelerated rate. I myself believe the use of aspertaine (the sweetener, I can't spell tonight) may play a part in this....I was a big user of diet products from about the age of 14 and there was a study done in England (I believe it was England) linking the connection between sweetener aspertaine and A.N.'s. I have never been continually exposed to loud noise.
Kathleen

jamie:
Aspartame is a nasty chemical, it's found in over 9,000 foods. There is a fairly wide belief that it can cause brain tumors.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version