Author Topic: Anyone have a creased thumbnail on the affected side?  (Read 11808 times)

Tumbleweed

Re: Anyone have a creased thumbnail on the affected side?
« Reply #15 on: July 13, 2008, 12:16:52 am »
That's fascinating, Marci. Good to know I'm not alone. Who knows if it's coincidence or not...

Best,
Tumbleweed
L. AN 18x12x9 mm @ diagnosis, 11/07
21x13x11 mm @ CK treatment 7/11/08 (Drs. Chang & Gibbs, Stanford)
21x15x13 mm in 12/08 (5 months post-CK), widespread necrosis, swelling
12x9x6 mm, Nov. 2017; shrank ~78% since treatment!
W&W on stable 6mm hypoglossal tumor found 12/08

hruss

• young and cheerful!
    • I made this group to help others!! (the group is in Bulgarian and in English)
« Reply #16 on: July 13, 2008, 03:38:07 am »
tumbleweed,
i have vertical ridges (from bed to the end) on my ring finger on my right hand and this is the AN side too. But I have always had these ridges, or at least I don't remember the time when I didn't have them, or I was born with this, dunno! But for sure it is there since the time of my conscious memories. And no one in my family has these ridges, so I guess this the way I was born. these ridges are not as deep as you say yours are, mine are well covered by a nail polish!
I have heard this theory about nails and health of the body but have no idea what part of my body ring finger's nail stands for.

Best wishes,
Hrissy
4.5cm right AN pressing on the brain stem, dn Sept 2007
2 Retrosigm surgeries in Oct 2007 and Jan 2008 by the Bulgarian prof. Kyrkeselian partially removed.
3rd retro surgery in Hannover,Germany by prof Samii, Oct 2008. SSD
Got rid of my bugger, temp facial paresis
hrissysexperiences.blogspot.co

Tumbleweed

« Reply #17 on: January 31, 2009, 10:26:38 pm »
FWIW, my creased thumbnail quickly began to get smoother after having CK. Now almost 7 months post-treatment, it's dramatically smoother than it's been in the past several years, in fact barely creased at all. Before CK, it had become progressively creased over time. Fascinating.

Best wishes,
Tumbleweed

sgerrard

« Reply #18 on: January 31, 2009, 11:53:30 pm »
I bet it is all those steamed leafy greens you like to eat.  ;)  Seriously, your heightened attention to diet and general well being could account for the improvement in the state of your thumbnail. Maybe having you acoustic neuroma inactivated by radiation has helped, but it seems like a stretch to me.

Steve
8 mm left AN June 2007,  CK at Stanford Sept 2007.
Hearing lasted a while, but left side is deaf now.
Right side is weak too. Life is quiet.

jazzfunkanne

« Reply #19 on: February 01, 2009, 07:12:01 am »
That is really strange i just looked at my right thumb and it has the crease you are talking about ,and i had a right sided AN, and when i think back years and years ago , a wise old doctor looked at my nails once and said it could be a sign of something? but i was a kid then and he retired soon afterwards makes you wonder.
over 4.5cm AN removed dec 06

Denisex2boys

« Reply #20 on: February 01, 2009, 01:08:20 pm »
Actually, yes I do too!  Hmmmmm - my right thumb seems to have one too!  Geeze I hope thay they don't find a nasty on the follow-up MRI that I have yet to go for :(
- Oct. 16/08 - 12 hour 'blob-ectomy' at LHSC in London, ON - Dr. Lownie and Parnes
- Some internal facial numbness (cheek, tongue, eye), SSD, headaches (getting better), dry eye, some balance issues..... but othwise AWESOME!

Tumbleweed

« Reply #21 on: February 01, 2009, 08:27:10 pm »
I'm certain a creased thumb isn't always about an AN, Denisex2boys, so I wouldn't worry about that. In natural-healing circles, if I remember correctly, it generally indicates an imbalance with the endocrine system. Maybe one follows the other; i.e., the AN compromises the nervous system, which puts stress on the endocrine system. Just guessing.

Steve, what's interesting is I'd been on the leafy-greens diet for a couple decades before getting CK. Even while eating this way while my AN progressed before treatment, my thumb nail became increasingly creased (say that five times fast  :D ). It was only after getting CK that I began to notice a dramatic improvement—this with no significant change in my diet or lifestyle.

Coincidence? I doubt it. The improvement and the timing are too dramatic to suggest that. But I can't say exactly what the mechanism is that's at work here, because my latest MRI did show my tumor swelling slightly in size. So it's obviously not directly related to the size of the tumor.

It would be interesting to consult a world-class Chinese doctor for an explanation of this. The Chinese look closely at fingernails to gauge the health of different organs.

Best wishes,
Tumbleweed