Author Topic: headache  (Read 3355 times)

linny

• still problems, 3yrs later
headache
« on: October 11, 2007, 11:11:34 pm »
Has anyone got headache on the other side of head from where AN was.??????????? I am and it is driving me nuts. :'(
Linda-2yr post AN 3-cm left side.  OHSU hospital , slow recovery for me. But then I had to have 2 surgeries with complications swelling of brain,

Brendalu

• Smile..it makes everyone wonder what you are up to
Re: headache
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2007, 04:53:26 am »
linny,

Many, mnay of us have all kinds of headaches after the AN.  Lots of new treatments are available to help prevent them and help take the edge off once it is there.  I would talk to your doctor.  If he or she doesn't understand what you are talking about investigate a pain management doctor or a neurologist with pain experience.  (AN pain is preferable)  In my experience if a doctor hasn't dealt with AN people, they haven't a clue what we go through.  There is help.  Sometimes it takes longer to find.  Good luck and please let us know how you are doing on your quest.
Brendalu
Brenda Oberholtzer
AN surgery 7/28/05
Peyman Pakzaban, NS
Chester Strunk, ENT

Janet

• Janet Sherwood Photography
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2007, 10:32:59 am »
Linda,

Wow, I thought I was the only one! I do remember one other poster whose headaches would start on the opposite side but ended up on the same side as the surgery.

Here is a link that might give an explanation to pain on the opposite side.

http://www.hno.harvard.edu/gazette/2004/05.06/01-pain.html

I have had severe headaches on the opposite side of my surgery since 2 weeks post-op. They are in the back of my head. You might try a Google search for hemicrania continua or occipital neuralgia. These describe the type of pain I feel. I don't know if either of these describe what you are feeling.

Are you seeing a headache neurologist or going to a pain clinic? Most of us on this site seem to feel that is where they find the best treatment.

Have any of your doctors given you an explanation?  I have received fairly good treatment but no one seems to have any answers as to what is going on. I found the information from Harvard on my own. It has been 3 1/2 years since my surgery and I am still looking for answers.

Janet
Surgical removal of 1 cm x .8 cm x .6 AN on 4/2004.

linny

• still problems, 3yrs later
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2007, 09:28:28 pm »
thank you   at least I know Im not alone in this painful situation  I have not talked with neurologist yet I just take alot of excedrin, but I will inform you  all after I do.  thanx\s :)
Linda-2yr post AN 3-cm left side.  OHSU hospital , slow recovery for me. But then I had to have 2 surgeries with complications swelling of brain,